Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-11-19, 5:38pm
Wild at Heart!

Default GLASS ALCHEMY ~ New Product...sneak peek! OMG!!!! Soft glass workers will LOVE this

The word "too" was cut off the title. It should read.. soft glass workers will love this TOO" Sorry for the unintentional misleading statement. The COE is 33, the glass is boro

I was at Glass Alchemy today to pick up my Fuschia Fantasy and Susan, Jodi and Henry showed me their new product. They are going to be sending out an email about it on Friday and I believe it will be available Monday through their ebay sales If you're not on their email list go sign up now!

They are making TUBING! Ready to blow tubing with striped color!!!! I snapped these pictures with my iphone so they are not the best.

There are MANY different color combinations and they are ready for ornaments, hollow beads, perfume bottles.. you name it!! These are all crayon colors, but they are going to have the silver striking colors too!!! Can you tell I'm excited???

The smaller tube is about an inch in diameter they said it worked just fine on a bobcat! Wooo hooo!!!! I have so many ideas for this Heck.. depending on the inside diamter of the 1 inch tubing.. it could be sliced, fire polished in the flame, silver cored and voila! Instant bead

It's all precision pulled and everyone of them was exactly the same thickness and diameter.. I should have asked if I could see the process, but I didn't.

Because the tubing is thick, a little goes a long way. 3 or 4 inches will get you 4 or 5 little perfume bottles or pots and probably a LOT of beads. I'm so excited about this (can you tell?)

Kudo's to Glass Alchemy for making another innovative product!

okay... here are the pictures.

They are going to make solid rods too... see the candy cane up at the top of the picture? That was pulled out of a solid rod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

??

Last edited by KristiB; 2008-11-20 at 10:17pm.
Old 2008-11-19, 5:40pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

uh oh - i am in trouble

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-11-19, 5:50pm
Wild at Heart!

I know!!! lol

??
Old 2008-11-19, 5:51pm
Catchen' the Sun

yep me too.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2008-11-19, 6:44pm

Oh no...this is not good ...but in a good way..hahahahahahah
Old 2008-11-19, 6:55pm
Rare Florida Native

This could be trouble and fun

Old 2008-11-19, 7:01pm
Booger #7

How cool....like a roll up, but smaller in size~

Old 2008-11-19, 7:13pm
Master Procrastinator

OH NO!!! Me likey!!!

Old 2008-11-19, 7:31pm
Pyromaniac

Yummy!!!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-11-19, 7:33pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

OOoh I want!

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-11-19, 7:42pm

Yep, I'm in BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG trouble!

Old 2008-11-19, 7:52pm

You are right! That is a fantastic product!!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-11-19, 8:04pm
Catnip Pusher

I thought Glass Alchemy made boro?

It is pretty cool, no matter what the coe!

Aimee
Old 2008-11-19, 8:28pm
Broken

Ohhh my! How cool, doesn't suprise me though they are such nice people and creative!

I love the idea of making ornament......maybe I can finally try making them!

Old 2008-11-19, 8:31pm
Smile, it's contagious!

dang... I wouldn't be able to melt it on my hh, sure looks fun though!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2008-11-19, 8:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
dang... I wouldn't be able to melt it on my hh, sure looks fun though!
Same here, but I'd just play with a rainbow one and use it to decorate the studio.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-11-19, 8:38pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolychromeBeads View Post
I thought Glass Alchemy made boro?

It is pretty cool, no matter what the coe!

Aimee
I am pretty sure it is boro.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-11-19, 8:57pm
Wild at Heart!

It is boro, but they tested the 1 inch tubing on a bobcat and it worked great!

So I guess what I meant by soft glass users will love it, is that all the hard prep work is already done and it works on the torches that a lot of us beadmakers use.

The coe is 33

??
Old 2008-11-19, 11:45pm
<--misses Austin buddies

!!!WOW!!!

Old 2008-11-20, 3:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
Same here, but I'd just play with a rainbow one and use it to decorate the studio.
ME THREE!!!
I wants rainbows!!! don't wanna melt it, just wanna play with it!!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-11-20, 3:53pm

KristiB, if you are able to change the name of this thread, PLEASE DO. The way you titled it is so missleading it is upsetting. Please get a way to change it. Ask a moderator.
There is too much missinformation out there. Now this will hang on for longer than you can imagine.
Glass Alchemy is a great company and deserve full credit for what they do.
Lewis C Wilson
Old 2008-11-20, 10:16pm
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Wilson View Post
KristiB, if you are able to change the name of this thread, PLEASE DO. The way you titled it is so missleading it is upsetting. Please get a way to change it. Ask a moderator.
There is too much missinformation out there. Now this will hang on for longer than you can imagine.
Glass Alchemy is a great company and deserve full credit for what they do.
Lewis C Wilson
Hi Lewis,

I realize that GA is a great company. I am sorry that the word "too" was left off the title of the thread, but other than that, there is no mis-information in this thread that I can see. I asked Susan and Jodi if I could post this because I was so excited about the product. I would have never done it otherwise.

My point in posting this and saying that soft glass workers will like it too is because "most" (no offense to anyone that does) soft glass workers don't know how to stripe and encase tubing like this. Here, the prep work is already done and with the smaller tubing it's perfect for soft glass workers to give it a try. I guess I see a lot of possibilites for myself and just wanted to share my excitement.

I will check with Jodi and Susan.. if I have said something wrong, I will gladly ask Corri to remove the thread and apologize. I'm sorry I didn't notice that "too" was left off the title.. I know I typed it.

Thanks
Kristi

??
Old 2008-11-20, 10:46pm

Kristi,

Thank you for making the change to the post.
I read the post thinking that GA is doing this in soft glass. I know they work with extruding soft glass for other companies. It was not till a few post down that it is mentioned that the tubing is boro.
I did not realize that you had wanted to have "too" placed at the end. That exception made the post title have a totally diffreent meaning.
I did not mean to jump all over you.
Sorry.
lewis
This product will revolutionize how many things are now done
Old 2008-11-20, 11:27pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Kristi, what does the rainbow one taste like? C'mon...you know you tasted it! I certainly would have. Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2008-11-21, 1:04am

I can feel the pocketbook squeek. Oh my gosh, I want some too.
Old 2008-11-21, 6:31am

Just when I thought I had enough glass!!!! Wow! That is one hot product!!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2008-11-21, 6:40am
Pyromaniac

Where is Santa!!?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-11-21, 10:04am
jessica barksdale

i need this - not want, NEED.

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2008-11-21, 11:35pm
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Wilson View Post
Kristi,

Thank you for making the change to the post.
I read the post thinking that GA is doing this in soft glass. I know they work with extruding soft glass for other companies. It was not till a few post down that it is mentioned that the tubing is boro.
I did not realize that you had wanted to have "too" placed at the end. That exception made the post title have a totally diffreent meaning.
I did not mean to jump all over you.
Sorry.
lewis
This product will revolutionize how many things are now done
No worries Wilson, Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I guess I was a little too excited and didn't notice that I ran out of space on the title

Cheers
Kristi

??
Old 2008-12-02, 1:00am

teeeeee heeeeeee OMG,,,,,,OMG!!!!!!

Karen
Volkano Exotik