Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2015-03-06, 4:00am

Default Crystal clear frit

hi!
trying to find some crystal clear 104 COE frit in #0 or 00 size - no luck( who sell it now? I got my latest from GGGlass but they don't produce frit anymore((
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-03-06, 8:18am

Leslie at ThatFritGirl carries Reichenbach COE 104 Crystal but is out of stock.

She has been wonderful and getting in any frit I desire. I would start with her.

Frantz has some but it isn't listed as Crystal and it is a mixed size.

I've been cheating and buying DH Zephyr and Aether frit until it gets warm enough I can make my own.

Melanie Graham on Etsy took over Gail's COE104 frit line. MelanieGrahamStudio. I didn't see clear in her shop ... but she may have some.

Old 2015-03-06, 8:40am
Phill

I don't know of any sources for you but I saw a video of Loren Stump just the other day where he made frit about that size with the "hot paddle of glass in a clean cup of water" method.

He mad a half inch gather, flattened it to an eighth inch thick paddle and dunked in the water.

ETA: I just listened again and he said "paper thin" so I was wrong about the eighth inch thick paddle.

Then he dried in a paper towel to use as a background in a large paper weight he made for a class at Corning Museum of Glass.

Here it is, he starts talking about making frit at 40 min 30 seconds ;

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2015-03-06 at 8:47am.
Old 2015-03-07, 2:24pm
Slogan Challenged...

Glass diversions carries crystal frit in the different sizes.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-03-07, 2:51pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
hi!
trying to find some crystal clear 104 COE frit in #0 or 00 size - no luck( who sell it now? I got my latest from GGGlass but they don't produce frit anymore((
Thanks!
I'm pretty sure I can help you. I'll double check, and if you send me a PM with what you're looking for quantity-wise, I'll let you know the cost.

-
-
Old 2015-03-07, 3:30pm
Lampworkaholic!

Double Helix has Zephyr in frit.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox