LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2020-07-08, 1:57pm

Question Ventilation Help!

Hello! This is my first time on this site, but I would love some advice. I am looking for a ventilation system for my Lampworking shed which is 12x12’. I am wanting the safest most reliable option and also curious about filtering the air coming out of my shed because it is in my yard. Thank you!
Old 2020-07-08, 2:17pm
Slogan Challenged...

Hi there!
Welcome. There are lots of threads here, in the safety thread usually but not always, about setting up the ventilation correctly. There are a lot of diferent examples...Also a FB page Lampwork beadmakers tips & Techniques which has a few threads and a few arguments about that also
One of the most common types for the bench is a barley box set up...you can google examples or search here. I don't have one, myself.
I would recomment nothing less than 10" (diameter) ducting and inline fan, to be sure there's an adequate draw. The recommended CFM may vary depending on whether you have a Barley box setup, size of studio, etc. This is the fan that several of us have. I find it very reliable.
I can't answer about the filters. Really can't do without ventilation. Good luck!

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy: