Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-08-30, 11:16am
Critter Mom

Isn't there also an auction to raise funds for the local animal shelter and women's shelter ? I think I read that somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-30, 5:19pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinCoquille View Post
Isn't there also an auction to raise funds for the local animal shelter and women's shelter ? I think I read that somewhere.
I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK that there is going to be a "girl auction"
(as opposed to our usual boro boy auction) and that money will be going
to an animal shelter.

But don't hold me to it .

***and I love you too Otter!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-08-30, 6:08pm
Type ZZZ personality

Arrrgghh! I'm almost too tired to be excited!
Had a bead show today and I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night.
And I have to get up at 6am cuz my flight to Portland is at 8:30am.
I'm struggling to get everything packed tonight so I don't have to do anything
in the morning. Then I'm going to crash big time!

See you tomorrow Karen-baby! And see the rest of you on Wednesday!

Wheeee!! (okay, I guess I have a little energy left to be excited! )

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-08-30, 6:09pm
Type ZZZ personality

Oh, and Otter?

I love you more!

(But don't tell your wife hee hee hee!)
BTW, are she and the boy coming over on Sunday?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-08-30, 6:45pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
Oh, and Otter?

I love you more!

(But don't tell your wife hee hee hee!)
BTW, are she and the boy coming over on Sunday?
That's right! We want to see the other Otters.

Old 2009-08-30, 6:50pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Me too! I'm so looking forward to seeing 75 of my dearest friends .
It's like a high school reunion every year - except we all actually like
each other and have things in common .

And meeting all the new people! It's so funny - I hear people talking about
how there are lots of "cliques" here on LE, and I'm always telling them,
"well quityerbitchin, pipe up and come JOIN our "clique". If you can light
a torch and melt a rod, you can be in MY clique!!!! Hell, frankly even
if you CAN'T melt a rod, but can APPRECIATE a bead, you can be in my
clique.

...and of course, MY clique has ALL the popular kids . You KNOW
you want to be in MINE.

I need special t-shirts for my clique.

Oh shit....weren't we going to make special LE t-shirts this year?
We're such a bunch of slackers. Ugh. Ah well....next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
Arrrgghh! I'm almost too tired to be excited!
Had a bead show today and I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night.
And I have to get up at 6am cuz my flight to Portland is at 8:30am.
I'm struggling to get everything packed tonight so I don't have to do anything
in the morning. Then I'm going to crash big time!

See you tomorrow Karen-baby! And see the rest of you on Wednesday!

Wheeee!! (okay, I guess I have a little energy left to be excited! )

Old 2009-08-31, 2:28am
Bitten by the travel bug

*bouncing* 15 hours till I get on my plane!

Old 2009-08-31, 2:30am
Bitten by the travel bug

Oh, Im not sure if I checked in here - my test were fine. A totally benign ventricular premature beat - apparently perfectly normal, just most people dont notice it.

Old 2009-08-31, 5:36am
He can do the origami

Karen, lots of luv right back at ya!! See you soon my friend.
Patty, I know you luv me more more but we wont tell karen, that is just between us!! Have a great flight Patty, I can't wait to see you again.
I'm the only Otter from my clan that is going to be at GS this year Patty. I think maybe you will have to get down to my place for a visit some time.

For all of you traveling by plane, train, automobile, horse drawn carriage or whatever the case my be...... be careful, have a good trip and see you all soon.

Otter
Old 2009-08-31, 7:31am

Can hardly wait, am trying to figure out what to pack, what I can leave home, what tools I want to bring, what I need for my demo ... my head is spinning, but some is with excitement. Plus after Glass Stock is over I'm visiting w/my mother is southern Oregon so I need stuff for that, too. Sure wish the airlines hadn't added those luggage charges

Old 2009-08-31, 7:46am
Critter Mom

Glad to hear the tests came back okay Suz, see ya at GS.

Old 2009-08-31, 8:38am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Packed, and leaving for the airport in a few minutes.
Whoo Hoooooo....

I packed SO much LESS than I did the first year I went.
I think I was afraid that I'd desperately need a tool, so I
packed the frigging studio!

I think it has to be that I am just more comfortable with my
skills now, I don't need to bring three different marvers
and twelve kinds of mashers . The better you get, the less
tools you need.

It's like skiing. I started off loaded down with a ski suit,
$1200 worth of equipment and accessories, and everything
but a GPS unit strapped to my back. Now, it's my only pair of
ski pants, a t-shirt, a windbreaker, and a granola bar .
And of course, my ipod.

Old 2009-08-31, 8:55am
just another glass addict

nevermind

I can't wait!!!!!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Last edited by dragonart glass; 2009-08-31 at 9:39pm.
Old 2009-08-31, 9:19am
Wooohooo,GS!

Good morning everyone!!!! I just got back from Flame Off late last night, what a BLAST! SUCH a great time with soooo many great friends, sooo much incredible art, wowser! Then my birthday bash Sat night after competition...it was awesome! You KNOW you had a great time when you lose your pants........

Trying to get unpacked and then start set up...crazy right now! I will get back here late tonight and catch up with any unanswered questions.
Love and hugs, see you all soon, debster

Old 2009-08-31, 9:52am

What kind of beads do people bring for trade beads?? We're having a big show the first of Nov so I've been working toward that and don't know that I really have much extra?? Does everyone bring trade beads?

Old 2009-08-31, 10:54am
I'm meeeeelting

I'm bringing beads. They're a mix of the stuff I've been working on over the last several months. I'm going to try to sell some beads at a show the weekend after I get back so, unfortunately, I've had to hold back most of the ones I think came out the absolute best. I think there's still some cool stuff, though. I wouldn't sweat it - if you don't have trade beads you don't have trade beads.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-08-31, 12:08pm
Master Procrastinator

Just thought of another question. Do we need to bring a dremel or beadreamer to clean beads with?

Old 2009-08-31, 12:11pm
Master Procrastinator

Oh & I felt very rushed towards the end so basically made multiples of a few different style beads, so take it or leave it!

Old 2009-08-31, 12:15pm
I'm meeeeelting

Lea, I'm bringing my dremel & reamers, probably not to the site, but I'll have it at the house. You're welcome to use it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-31, 12:50pm
He can do the origami

I am bringing lots of trade beads.... or pendants actually and I always enjoy trading for beads, pendants, marbles or whatever. Those are always things I treasure and help to put something tangible to the memories and to the friends.

I have never brought anything to clean beads with but I thought about it the first year. I find that I never have enough time to clean beads anyway. I am at GS early in the morning and then I don't go back to the hotel until late at night. So I just clean beads when I get home.

Otter
Old 2009-08-31, 1:02pm
Master Procrastinator

Thanks Felicia!

Old 2009-08-31, 1:07pm
Critter Mom

I was wondering the same thing, but since I've only had 4 days at the torch in the past 6 or 8 weeks I just didn't have time to wait...Soooo, although I didn't get 60 made (not even close) I did get some of my favorites made to share. Thought that since I may only meet most of you once I wanted to trade beads that were sort of my trade mark style. I did the best I could do with all the deconstruction and reconstruction that's been going on here the past couple of months. I'm getting so anxious...busy packing...checking my list...rechecking my list...so exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_lover View Post
What kind of beads do people bring for trade beads?? We're having a big show the first of Nov so I've been working toward that and don't know that I really have much extra?? Does everyone bring trade beads?

Old 2009-08-31, 2:28pm
Master Procrastinator

One more crazy question...I'm assuming that sneakers qualify for closed shoes. Yes?

Old 2009-08-31, 4:27pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Yes sneakers are kosher. I haven't gotten anything done because I am holding the tiny puppeh.

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-08-31, 4:30pm
it is what it is......

i am sooooooo excited to see all of you!!!!!!!!!
just a couple of days! glad i read this......forgot to pack my marver of all things.....i have EVERYTHING else!

Old 2009-08-31, 4:58pm
Master Procrastinator

Teague, you're going?? Can't wait to meet you!

Old 2009-08-31, 5:09pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Lea yes I'll be there! I have to deliver Karen's puppy...and enjoy all the classes and drool on everyone's beads and eat all the seafood I can.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-08-31, 6:13pm
He can do the origami

And Teague and i have to make another bead together!!! Our bead rocked last year Teague!!

Otter
Old 2009-08-31, 8:45pm
Always with a smile!

I'm here! Can't wait to see all of you
Eating some MO's clam chowder as we speak!
See you all soon

) and
)
Old 2009-08-31, 9:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
I think I was afraid that I'd desperately need a tool, so I
packed the frigging studio!

I think it has to be that I am just more comfortable with my
skills now, I don't need to bring three different marvers
and twelve kinds of mashers . The better you get, the less
tools you need.
Oh okay. I'll leave my Jim Moore lentil and pillow presses home.

Do we need to bring bead release or is provided?

Foot Pedal Tutorial: