LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2007-03-26, 11:04pm
Mary Lockwood

Default Frog Tutorial...I finally did it!

Warts and all, I finally made the frog tutorial I've been meaning to do for over a year.

It is on the tutorials page of my site (you can get there through my signature line).

The pictures are HUGE and if I try to make them smaller they look like crap, so you are gonna have to go there to see the good pictures. Note, you will have to scroll left-right and up-down.

However, I have uploaded slightly smaller, easier to load versions into my beadartists.org gallery for those of you with dial-up who want to kill me for making the pix so huge. Unfortunately, even though those are bigger than what I'd be able to upload here..they are still not great for clarity.

Just go to my site, click on the links for page one, and page two, right click and save them to your computer then you can print them out easier. I hope.

Enjoy!

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-26, 11:05pm

that is great. thank you
Old 2007-03-27, 3:02am
boro color bender

Mary, you ROCK!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-03-27, 3:30am
lov'in life!!!

Mary, I have always LOVED your froggies! Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to do this tutorial!!! When you right click them and save on your desktop, it prints up perfectly.

You are wonderful for doing this

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-03-27, 4:26am

Fantastic! Thank You Mary.
I love your frogs.

Old 2007-03-27, 4:52am

Thank you, Mary. You have the most generous heart.
Old 2007-03-27, 5:09am

Default frogs

Mary, you are out-of-this-world generous to share your frog techniques with us! Thank you so very much. xiola

Old 2007-03-27, 6:37am
novembersfyre everywhere

Thank you so much! I really like the style of frogs that you make and the tut is great

Old 2007-03-27, 6:50am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Ah Mary, I could just KISS you!!!

Thanks SO much for posting this - frogs and turtle are what I really want to make and I love this style of frog - they look so realistic - or can with the right colors

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-03-27, 7:42am
Mary Lockwood

I just made a turtle the other night. My husband wants to keep it, but he's at work so I'll probably list it later. LOL

Thanks for the kudos guys. I hope to be seeing frogs soon!

My beads need some cousins.

~~Mary

Old 2007-03-27, 8:04am

You make my favorite frogs (and were kind enough to send me a photo of my favorite of favorites once). I'll check that out when I have some time and give it a shot. Thanks so much for your efforts.
Old 2007-03-27, 8:06am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Thanks for your generosity.....the tut & you are FABULOUS!

Old 2007-03-27, 9:16am
I think I could be a bead

Thank you, that is such a great tutorial, Mary! Awesome work, too!

Mallory
rosebud101
Old 2007-03-27, 11:05am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Mary you are such a generous soul to share this kind of thing. I remember the first tutorial I saw from you ( the bleeding heart tutorial) and was so surprised you wanted to share the how to's. You just keep on surprising me

Thank you for a wonderfull tutorial, I will definetly try to make one of these frogs

Old 2007-03-27, 11:10am
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

Thanks for the tutorial, When I make frogs they make me smile. Thinks for the smiles on a snowy day! I hope to work the Calaveras County frog jump next year, can't have to many frogs!!!
Kare
Old 2007-03-27, 11:37am
Flossy-Flossy

Another way to make frogs...I love it!

Thanks for your dedication to teaching and sharing your craft.

hugs,

Old 2007-03-27, 11:47am

Thank you Mary! You are very gracious to take the time to share your talent. Your website is great.

Old 2007-03-27, 12:14pm

Thank you Mary, Maybe now I can make something that resembles a frog. Can't wait to get home to play!!! Thanks again you are so sharing.
Old 2007-03-27, 12:29pm
Mary Lockwood

You guys are all too sweet. I have to tell you something. I don't think I would be able to NOT share this kinda stuff with other people.

I don't think that knowing how to do something is worth anything if you are unwilling to teach it to someone else. Why know something that you can't pass-on?

Keep it to myself for what? Money? Pah. Money slips through my fingers but people don't. I'll never keep anything back just because I want to keep the corner of it for myself. The things that have been said in this thread and sent to me in emails regarding tutorials I've made are far more rewarding than any paycheck I've ever gotten.

So basically, I don't feel all that generous when I post stuff like this. To me, NOT sharing it isn't a considerable option.

I got an email once from someone asking me if I were ever worried about a bunch of beads that look just like mine popping up...wasn't I shooting myself in the foot by sharing techniques? Ummm. No. I shared the mandrel wound implosions and I hardly EVER see any of those beads (in my limited scope of reference aka ebay). I shared the jellyfish...don't see many of those either. And besides...we all make stuff differently. Just because I share a technique doesn't mean a bunch of clone beads are gonna invade. That's silly.

Parts of me wish I could travel and teach more in person, because I do love it...but I love my family too and I just have to wait til my kids are a bit older. I miss them big time when I'm gone, and it's hard for me to go.

In the meantime, I have tutorials to post. I can teach (in a way) that way. It's not the same as taking a class in person, but right now it's the best I can do.

Hope you all enjoy making froggies this way. I do!

~~Mary

Last edited by Moth; 2007-03-27 at 12:32pm.
Old 2007-03-27, 7:01pm
Just me

Wonderful as always Mary.
Thank you!

Old 2007-03-27, 7:08pm

Mary, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your froogie beads. I'm slowing dialing up the tutorial now.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-03-27, 10:27pm
More ideas than talent

My first frog attempts....

Taken at their best angles ha ha
Attached Images

Old 2007-03-28, 1:20am

WOOOO HOOOOO I just won the vangoh Frog! Now I will have a madel for my PPP!
Wendy -- I'm right there with ya!
Jen
Old 2007-03-28, 2:41am
More ideas than talent

I have one of Mary's frogs as well. I pulled it out to look at before I took the tutorial out to the shed.

My attempts didn't improve by the handling beforehand...

Old 2007-03-28, 4:35am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Just what we need for the frog exchange. I am going to try this one this week. Thank you Mary for being who you are.

#K58
Old 2007-03-28, 5:25am
Back from the Dark Side

Mary, this is awesome!! I love your frogs and had one for a brief second before my mom snagged it

Thank you so much for sharing your technique

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2007-03-28, 6:41am
"Maybe it's a tumor"

Default frogs

Mary love your tutorials. You are a very generous person...now there is no excuse for anyone to not join the frog exchange huh?
Carol
Old 2007-03-28, 6:44am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

These are my very first Mary-frogs... I am having wee bit of trouble putting their feet in the correct position though, they are soo crooket! Anyway, they are so much fun making, I'll definetly be making more to practise

Suzanne

Old 2007-03-28, 7:24am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Wow Suzanne - those are lovely!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-03-28, 7:29am
Mary Lockwood

YAY!!! Froggy cousins!!

Thanks for posting guys!!!!

~~Mary