Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2017-02-25, 3:21pm

Default Oxygen concentrator set up

I am looking for some advice, to see if it possible to use an oxygen concentrator set up with my torch? If so what would I need?

I have the opportunity to pick up a DeVilbiss Sunrise Model that puts out 5 liters and has OSD. I have a 200# tank and can get a few smaller size medical tanks.
I have a Bethlehem Bravo torch. I have been going through a 200# tank of oxygen every couple of days. I live in a semi rural area and its not convenient to make numerous trips into town each week.
Old 2017-03-01, 3:36pm
Alaska Boro

Looks like the Bravo, for full flame, requires oxygen at the rate of 31 LPM. One 5 LMP machine will not be adequate. However, it might be possible to run only the center fire on the concentrator with the outer fire on tanked.

Search this form for your torch and see what others have said about the issue. Also the folks at talkglass.com may have some additional input.
Old 2017-06-17, 3:47pm

I have 2- HO Intensity 10 concentrators running my Bravo Bethlehem torch. One of the concentrators keep shutting off and popping the on-board fuse, while working. It's random. This last time I didn't even have the outer flame working. Can someone give me some advise. The units are under a 2yr warranty however the company I bought them from is quite far away and the owner is very hard to get ahold of.
Old 2017-06-18, 5:58am
DaveK

You might have better luck with your questions on Facebook group Consentrated Lampworkers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can call me Dave 🎨

Tags
oxygen concentrator