LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2015-07-31, 6:55am
Enabler

Default Tell me about your Lucio

I haven't set it up yet, but I purchased one of the Carlyle Lucio torches used at open torch at the ISGB Gathering in ABQ! I'm so psyched about getting it set up in the studio and playing with it. Thought I'd see if anyone else is using one yet, and if so, what do you love about it? What oxygen source are you using? And is it everything you dreamed it would be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-08-08, 7:08pm

I bought Lucio at the Bellevue Gathering. I love the hot bushy flame. I use it with a Sequal Integra 10lpm OxyCon, set at 9 for best purity. I could probably use a little more oxy when using some of the striking glasses, but for everything else it is wonderful! You have to get used to adjusting it the first few times you fire it up since the candles look different from other torches, but it comes naturally once you get used to that.

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2015-08-10, 7:23am
Enabler

Thanks, Diane I appreciate your input.

Old 2016-02-29, 8:34pm

I just set mine up this week. So far, it looks great, even with our low-pressure household gas and only one 5 lpm concentrator. It certainly puts out a lot more heat than a cc on that same setup! Hoping to get my 15 lpm back from the other studio and test it out soon.
Old 2016-03-01, 8:43am
Melody of Glass

I do like mine a lot. I bought it after taking Lucio's class in Murano as it was made for low pressure gasses. It definitely has a lot of radiant heat. And, as Diane says, the candles look completely different than other torches. I use an EX15 oxycon and natural gas.

I find when I go to classes and use propane, there is a noticeable heat difference - much hotter with propane. It also took some playing after taking Hayley's class to try to figure out what a neutral flame looks like on mine.

I also bought a small torch from Carlisle with different tips that mounts on top to get a pinpoint flame. I've had it for a couple of years and am missing a piece of hardware to mount. You can't dial in a tiny flame on the Lucio.

Definitely great for sculpture and anything that needs some radiant heat. I like it quite a bit.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...