Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-01-16, 4:47pm

Default Tools for enamels

For shading with enamels would you purchase the vibe or sifters from arrow spring? Thanks for any information on the tools.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-01-16, 4:50pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh I already love this thread! I am sitting on the fence about tools for the enamels. I just haven't quite decided yet. I am looking forward to hearing more

Old 2013-01-16, 4:58pm

JC Enamel sifters from arrow springs.

Old 2013-01-16, 4:59pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I was looking at the sifters but could not figure out which size, or sizes I should purchase.

Old 2013-01-16, 5:39pm

The JC sifters are great and so are the cones. You can do this kind of work with them.

With the cones, I put a tiny bit of steel wool in the bottom to slow down the flow. I would suggest the finer mesh on the sifters. You will have more control over how much enamel you want to add. You can always add more but you can't take it away.

Old 2013-01-16, 6:31pm

Yum!
Old 2013-01-16, 6:34pm
I'm meeeeelting

Love the JC sifters. Cynthia, I love those beads! Thanks for the tip on the steel wool in the cone sifter. I'm going to have to give that a try.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-01-17, 2:07pm

Thanks so much for the information. Headed to arrowsprings website.

Old 2013-01-17, 3:52pm

I just did a class with JC - we used mostly the two smaller sizes of JC Sifter at the 40 mesh level. (The 60 requires more sifting to get more out - although those are the ones I bought and find them to be fine). Infrequently used the cone-shaped sifter.
Old 2013-01-17, 3:52pm

Oh yes, and at Arrow Springs. They ship very quickly.