Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-02-27, 9:57am
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Default Glass Hive is having a medical emergency

Mike had to be admitted to the hospital over the weekend. We have been struggling with a mysterious abdominal issue for the last few months and reached an unmanageable point. At the moment he can not even tolerate liquids. While they continue to find the root cause, he is being hydrated and pain is being managed. He is having bouts of 8 (on a 10 point pain scale) for up to 6 hours at a time as often as 3 times a day. I am very glad he has given in to going in to be cared for.

My time will be spent as the advocate for his care at the hospital while he is on medications that impair his ability to make clear decisions. I will do my best to catch emergencies regarding kilns, but please be patient with us. Leaving an email or phone message will be your best bet. I am not allowed to have the phone on in the hospital.

I will try to keep you posted on the progress as I can. We have ruled out many scary things like cancer, pancreatitis, gallbladder, and organ failures, and are grateful. Now we just need a solid diagnosis of what it IS.

I do have a team to build product that will be working under my guidance once we get Mike out and stable. That may be a few days or a week, I just don't know yet. We appreciate your understanding.

Pam and Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2012-02-27, 10:02am
I'm kinda biz-EE

(((((Pam and Mike))))) Lots of white light and wishes for a swift and accurate diagnosis. I am so sorry this is happening to him.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:03am
Mr Brutus RIP

Pam and Mike, I am sorry to hear. You are both in my prayers.
Take care,
Sue

Old 2012-02-27, 10:09am
Loving learning

I know this must be a scary time, but I hope & pray that they will discover the cause & work to fix it quickly so he (and you) can get home & recuperated.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:15am
GabysGlassWorks

I'm praying for Mike and for you, Pam! My you have answers quickly and may this be something that can be easily taken care of once you know what it is. Strength for you both!!
Hugs from a very happy Glass Hive Kiln owner,
Gaby

Old 2012-02-27, 12:05pm

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I promise not to have any emergencies. Tell Mike we're praying for a quick and simple diagnosis and very speedy recovery!

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:44pm

peace and gentle healing to the two of you......

I have had this kind of experience myself and wish you a speedy and accurate diagnosis.

Ellen
Old 2012-02-27, 1:01pm

Sending healing energy his way.
Old 2012-02-27, 1:37pm
Ex-lurker

Speedy recovery wishes.....

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2012-02-28, 8:18am
@miniuniworld

Praying for you, Mike and the doctors!
For the doctor's wisdom,
Mike's body to fight off what is causing him to feel pain and
peace for you while you make important decisions to care for Mike.

I hope you can find comfort in this:
Psalm 103:2-5
New International Version (NIV)

2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Praying for blessings and grace for you and your family,
Karen
Old 2012-02-28, 8:41am
beads....mmmm

Wishing you both the best!

::
Old 2012-02-28, 8:52am

AAHH!

Scary, hugs and prayers.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2012-02-28, 9:00am

So sorry to hear about this. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way. Not knowing is the worst part of being sick. Hope Mike gets the care he needs quickly.

Hugs,
Sallie

Inspired by Nature, Captured in Glass
Etsy store-not open at this time
Old 2012-02-28, 9:21am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Any news today?

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2012-02-28, 9:22am
Hobby Junkie

^^^ any update????

Old 2012-02-28, 1:22pm

So sorry to hear of this about Mike. Hope that the cause is found, problem solved, and that Mike is good to go very soon. It's taking a lot of energy from you, too.

Yvonne
Old 2012-02-28, 1:40pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I'm so sorry, hope Mike has a speedy diagnosis and recovery. Pam, take care of yourself, too, and please let us know how he's doing when you get a chance. *sharon*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-02-28, 5:43pm

My thoughts are with both of you. Please keep us updated when you can. Hoping you feel better soon, Mike!

Old 2012-02-28, 5:55pm

I hope Mike gets better soon. You both will be in our thoughts.

Take care of Yourself too Pam.
Old 2012-02-29, 5:18am
BeadsonCypress

Patiently waiting for and update, while thinking positive thoughts!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2012-02-29, 6:10am
Resident hippie

Good luck with finding a diagnosis and an easy cure.
Sending hugs to you both and white light and healing thoughts to you Mike.
Go easy Pam.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2012-03-01, 12:39pm

Default Thinking of you both

Pam and Mike,

Thinking of you every day and I hope Mike you'll be back on your feet and enjoying life in no time.

My best

Bette

Last edited by many.facets; 2012-03-01 at 12:40pm. Reason: hit the enter key, oops
Old 2012-03-05, 1:36pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

I have been updating in the bathroom daily, my drive by technique for in and out fast. I should have popped them in here too, sorry about that. We really appreciate the thoughts, prayers and love you have been sending. You guys are really helping us keep fighting.

Mike is home from the hospital, but we still have no idea what is causing the issue. He was put on three different treatment plans, one takes all the allergy related foods away, another is a steroid to deal with an autoimmune issue, and the third deals directly with the abdomnial spasums. One, or the combination is giving him a much needed break from attacks. We have 48hrs of no pain meds so far. I hope for more, but am braced for anything.

He is still a rag doll with no energy, but he is eating more and more volume every day. At least I have his brain to pick while I and two others try to be him on the shop floor today. He is needing lots of rest to recover. We go see the GI and primary tomorrow to see if we can get some more solid answers. It will have us on the road all day to get both places and back.

I do have production happening on a low level today, with our sons Brent and Chris. Brent has been studying under Mike for the last year and just so happened to graduate to building kilns a few months ago. They are both huge assets to the business, and we would love to pass it on to them in our golden years (which are still far, far away).

Thank you again for your support. We really appreciate your kindness and patience while we get this thing whooped.

Pam

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2012-03-09, 6:52pm

Good luck and a speedy recovery to Mike!

Joan
Old 2012-03-11, 1:52pm

Pam and Mike,
I do hope relief comes and the mystery of what is causing the illness can be unraveled soon.
Hugs
Old 2012-03-16, 4:59am

Pam, hope all goes well.
Old 2012-03-19, 6:08am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

thank you guys for all the good wishes.
12 days of feeling good know with no attacks and eating again, lost 40 pounds over 30 days of no food.
I almost feel human again

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2012-03-19, 6:21am
CiM Tamarind-Skinned

That is amazing news! Here's hoping & praying you have seen the last of it!
Old 2012-03-19, 8:29am

So glad you are feeling better! Keep up the good work!

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.