Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-11-16, 7:23pm
File not found

Default Camera setting with new lens filter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kimberly; 2012-04-20 at 10:17am.
Old 2008-11-21, 1:40pm

Hi, Kimberly ~ Yup, we have one and I don't remember having to change the setting on the camera. I'll try to remember to ask DH ~ he's the camera geek! We've also used the shield and boro screen..... email DH right now...

Heading to Colorado for the holidays?????

Last edited by Crazy Woman; 2008-11-21 at 1:42pm. Reason: added to post
Old 2008-11-21, 2:03pm

Cool! Hope that you do make it this way. Haven't heard back from DH yet but will let you know.

Old 2008-11-21, 7:58pm

Through the lens exposure takes care of all that.. That's what the man says.... Hope that it helps

Old 2008-11-23, 3:12pm
Fancy Mammal

Sorry, I just saw this - yes, as long as you're using a modern camera you're fine.

I haven't actually used these filters for photography. But several suggestions. One would be to change the exposure compensation to a minus number (I'd start with -1). When cameras try to take pictures of a really bright point, you often end up with the all blacks too light, and since you've put a pink lens in front of the camera...

Otherwise, maybe you need to change your white balance. If you're on auto white balance and shooting jpgs, the camera is trying to make this image look normal, but it doesn't realize that there are no normal reference points.

Second it might be
Old 2008-11-23, 4:17pm
da General

Kimberly - it does caste a slight reddish tint to all the photos and I just fix it in Photoshop. The tutorial we did for Double Helix (link is in my siggy) shows the quality of the images.

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-23, 6:01pm

Hi, Kimberly... Just finally had a moment to get back to you. Chuck said to just use the thru the lens setting...automatic and it should work fine.

Hope you get it worked out.