Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-11-07, 9:53am
I need more boro stuff

Default Canon Photoshot SX10 IS - help please

Sorry to ask this Q's but I can't find the answer anywhere in LE.

My 5 yo compact digital camera died so I bought Canon Photoshot SX10 IS. It has 10 mp and 20x optical.

I've been trying to take pic for the last 2 weeks and read the instruction, but I can't find the answer to get really good pic. None of them really give crisp photos.

I'm using photo tent with 3 fluorescent lights, tripod and adobe photoshop CS2.

My q's:

1. So far I only tried to use super macro instead of macro. Is this overkill?

2. My bro told me to take picture with ISO speed on 80. What is the best ISO speed on taking picture for beads or macro?

I tried to find all the answer on every single threads but I can't find what others' ISO speed supposed to be?

Hopefully someone with similar camera can help.

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-07, 12:25pm

switch it back to macro... read the instructions on what the distance is for that setting. it may be that you need to back away from piece and zoom in.

next flip your camera to setting "P" it will take care of most of the light and ISO stuff for you.

Andrew

Old 2008-11-07, 2:24pm
I need more boro stuff

Thanks, I'll give a try