Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2008-01-07, 4:09pm
Your Royal Fritness

It's all done! Here is the link to the thread

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76849

Dawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-10, 5:02am
Molten Glass Addict

Cool, how does your ventilation system work? Is it passing the smoke test?

I'm getting supplies together to make my own, and I'm searching for fans. I have some links to check out before I decide which to buy.

Your place is sooo awesome!! I start building mine next summer, I can't wait!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2008-01-10, 11:37am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasstastic Treasures View Post
Cool, how does your ventilation system work? Is it passing the smoke test?

I'm getting supplies together to make my own, and I'm searching for fans. I have some links to check out before I decide which to buy.

Your place is sooo awesome!! I start building mine next summer, I can't wait!!
Thanks Jamie,

The system works wonderful. It passed the smoke test with out any problems I actually call it the incense test. I start the fan and light the incense where my torch is... I can't smell a thing and I can see the smoke going right up the hoodvent.

Dawn

Old 2008-01-11, 5:20pm
Molten Glass Addict

I just ordered my fan, woohoo!! I haven't torched in almost TWO months. I'm have withdrawels. I feel like someone took my crack away. Not that I use crack. but this must be what it feels like. I sob uncontrollably when I see my torch in the garage, all cold and lonely....

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Last edited by Glasstastic Treasures; 2008-01-11 at 8:07pm.
Old 2008-01-11, 5:23pm

Hi Dawn,

My dh just finish my ventalition system in my studio. I just love it!
Have you found that in in take air can make your flame flicker? I noticed that your in take is down and in front of torch. We but mine in front of torch but up close to hood opening. So I was just wondering if you were having any issues with the flucuating flame.
Thanks
Kathy
Old 2008-01-13, 5:27am
Your Royal Fritness

Kathy,

We moved my intake air vent to the ceiling above the hood vent. It looks like a heat vent in my picture. I don't have any flickering that I have noticed.

Dawn
Attached Images

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2008-01-13 at 5:29am.
Old 2008-01-13, 12:58pm
Molten Glass Addict

I wonder how intake air works coming from behind, say towards the back wall and in the table top? as far as it making the flame flicker.

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2008-01-14, 10:37am

Hi Dawn,
thanks for the info. We were trying to not cut a hole in the structure itself. We both are afaird that it wouldn't work then you have a hole in the building.
So we will give this some thought.
Its been a challange to get the correct air flow for the make up air and the flame not flickering. Lots of trial and error.
I will try and post pictures of my studio when my computer at home is out of the shop.

DAWN YOUR STUDIO IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND ORGINIZED! BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!
Kathy

Thanks
Kathy
Old 2008-01-15, 2:30pm
Molten Glass Addict

oops, I said from behind in my last post, I meant from in front, way up by the wall. Boy, what a day I must have been having!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2008-06-11, 12:47pm
i need help

that's pretty sweet to have the pc right there to follow tutorials and what not while you work.