Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2007-05-05, 6:07pm

Default Exhaust Help

Ive Been Looking At Alot Of Different Studios And I Noticed People Have Only Hoods Above Or Duct Work In Front Of Their Torch My Question Is Can I Have My Exhaust On The Right Corner With A 6in 90 Pointing In The Direction Of The Torch Or Is There A Reason Its In Front
Old 2007-05-06, 12:44am
He can do the origami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standalone
Can I Have My Exhaust On The Right Corner With A 6in 90 Pointing In The Direction Of The Torch Or Is There A Reason Its In Front
I am by no means an expert and I am sure Dale or someone else will jump in here and give you a better explanaition...but the simple answer is...Yes there is a reason everyone has a hood above and to the front of the torch. Hot gas rises. Your torch is pushing all the combustion by-products forward and the hot gases are rising. You need a hood to capture and evacuate those gases and other by-products of lampworking.

I cannot give you the technical specifications but from what I understand 90 degree bends in your ductwork and exhaust flow effeciencey do not play well together. That is another reason I would not suggest putting a 90 degree bend at one end of your work station and expect that you will have adequate ventilation.

As I said I am not an expert and I am sure someone who is can better explain it.
Old 2007-05-06, 11:51am

This Is The Fan Im Using Its A 6in 465 Inline Exhaust Fan For Indoor Lighting Very Strong The 90 Is Right Above The Fans Intake Then Right Out Still Cant Do It Otter