Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-07-16, 11:03am

Default Crinkle Dichro?

Curious as to whether anyone has used the crinkle dichro in any boro work. I have and have failed to make any sense or use of it. I approached it like "normal" dichro and it did not look very good. "Course, I usually twist dichro into a frenzy and vortex for marbles or background pendents with it. Seems more suited to beads or fusing. Any opinions?
Old 2009-07-16, 5:17pm

I'm curious too. I bought some as in impulse buy on sale, but have no idea how it's used with Boro and torch
Old 2009-07-17, 3:59pm

saw somebody threatening to "waterboard" it on another forum, lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-07-17, 6:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
saw somebody threatening to "waterboard" it on another forum, lol!
Don't be silly.That guy was just following a washing protocol.Sometimes when you clean it up, it gives up the secrets.
Old 2009-07-18, 5:21pm
Where the Wild Wares are!

I've been using the crinkle dichro (from CBS) since early this year. I've used it in galaxy marbles. Rather than the very fine "break up" of the dichro in the galaxy, it breaks up into more glitter sized pieces. I like it a lot and have mixed both regular and crinkle together in the same marble -- very nice effect! I do pass it through the torch first to "crystalize" or "crinkle-ize" it, but overall I have been very happy with the results.

This is what my marbles look like when I only use crinkle: http://tinyurl.com/lz497u

Jim
Old 2009-07-19, 6:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirian View Post
I've been using the crinkle dichro (from CBS) since early this year. I've used it in galaxy marbles. Rather than the very fine "break up" of the dichro in the galaxy, it breaks up into more glitter sized pieces. I like it a lot and have mixed both regular and crinkle together in the same marble -- very nice effect! I do pass it through the torch first to "crystalize" or "crinkle-ize" it, but overall I have been very happy with the results.

This is what my marbles look like when I only use crinkle: http://tinyurl.com/lz497u

Jim
Very nice marble, Jim. Has the look of the antique mica's.
Old 2009-07-19, 11:23pm

Twisting crinkle up is a waste of crinkle.....It looks sweet if you lay a flat little square on the back of a pendant...for the backing

of course just my two cents

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!

Last edited by hagstromartglass; 2009-07-19 at 11:25pm.