Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-06-11, 4:23pm
Learning...

Default Not getting enough oxygen in my flame....

Help! I have no idea where to begin. I am using a nortel minor w/oxycon. I have plenty of propane and concentrator appears to be functioning properly. I have cleaned the torch and actually do frequently but for some reason I am not getting enough oxygen to my flame. Could it be my hoses? The hose is not kinked. Could it be the torch? Could it be the concentrator? Any help would be so very much appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-11, 8:53pm

See my reply to above post regarding her oxy con "breathing". Could be same problem I am/was having.
Old 2009-06-11, 10:18pm
PyronamixK

We need more information in order to get a better idea of what may be going on.
How long have you been running this set-up? Is this a new problem that just popped up?
What kind of candles are you able to get?
What LPM setting do you have on your concentrator?
When the concentrator is not hooked up to the torch, can you get the flow to go to 5 LPM (or whatever the maximum setting is)?
Old 2009-06-13, 8:35am
Learning...

Hum...I read the thread about "breathing." I wonder if that is the problem. I have to wait until Monday though to call the place where I bought the concentrator. I just went down a little while ago and turned it on again but now the unit is beeping saying it's running below normal level. This is sooo not fun.

Old 2009-06-13, 1:33pm
PyronamixK

Is your oxygen valve open on your torch when you turn on the machine?
Old 2009-06-13, 5:30pm
Learning...

Yes, I turn on the concentrator and then open the torch. I let it sit for a little while as instructed before making beads.

Old 2009-06-13, 5:48pm

Have you checked your propane pressure? Could have been bumped up a little high.
Old 2009-06-13, 5:55pm
Learning...

The propane pressure guage is accurate. The game plan now is to get the tanked air filled and see what happens...if it all works fine then for sure it's the concentrator. If still having the problem, then maybe the torch? But do torches ever really go bad?