LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-01-09, 5:24pm
Wendy

So I won a raffle of one of Nikki's sheep in one of the ones for Lynne. He's AWESOME and I've been carrying him around with me. Today on my lunch hour I took this tutorial out to the torch to play and had such a great time that I wanted to share. It's nowhere near Nikki's but I loved making him. Nikki, thanks for the tutorial and for my awesome bead! Obviously Nikki's is the one on the left. My little guy needed bigger feet and more fleece I think.

~Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2008-01-09, 5:25pm

Awww, he's got a friend, how cool! The feet are ok, maybe closer together on the fleece -the tutorial is old, I've learned more since then, I should redo it. I usually dab all the wool on and leave it pointy, then melt it a bit at once...

GREAT first shot, I can't wait to see more!
Nikki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-01-09, 5:29pm
Wendy

It was really so much fun I was giggling when he was finished and I popped him in the kiln. Now he's sitting here with your sheep and a few of my little worri wart beads. They're my pretend friends! Ha!

~Wendy

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2008-01-09, 5:32pm

LOL - My pretend friends started to overpower the house, that's why I started selling them. The dots drove me a little crazy on the first one, then i got overpowered by the cuteness and had to continue - plus if I do the faces first, they're STARING at me, so I can't quit!

~:
~:

~:

Old 2008-01-09, 5:37pm
Wendy

The voices..

Quote:
Old 2008-01-09, 5:51pm

Awwww! They're cute, and a great way to practice dots! I like making some of my critters with different sized pupils, so they look just a bit touched.

The one in the front with the red feet looks like he's sliding butt-first down a snowy hill and kicking anyone who's in his way.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2008-01-09, 5:56pm
Wendy

I'm glad I'm not the only one that makes up little stories for them.

Quote:
Old 2008-01-09, 6:49pm

*grins sheepishly*

~:
~:

~:

Old 2023-10-14, 4:15am

You have explained your tutorial beautifully, thank you. I have so much more to learn