Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-01-20, 8:10pm
Torching since 2004

Default Help with color please?

Trying to define what color this bead might be? I believe it is Momka but not sure which color and any help is appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-21, 9:13am

purple haze? are you sure that's boro?
Old 2014-01-21, 9:28am

I'm not too familiar with boro but might not be a momka color. Maybe an Amber purple or Double Amber purple by NS or maybe even one of the Mai Tai's by TAG?

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-01-21, 9:29am
Torching since 2004

Yup, it was a bead on Etsy described as Boro and I have a customer that would like that color in one of my designs so I will give Purple Haze a try, thank you!

Old 2014-01-21, 11:19am
Flamewoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious1 View Post
Trying to define what color this bead might be? I believe it is Momka but not sure which color and any help is appreciated.

That's not just one specific color I think. It looks like it has a light core, which makes a huge difference on how a bead will look. It looks like maybe an amber purple type of color was used and then frit. Momka does not make frit herself. If I was trying to duplicate that color I would do a core of serendipity, line it lightly with amber purple then do a mix of purple lustre frit, passion extreme or some other darker silver color frits in large & medium sizes, with of course a clear top layer. How you heat it, flame chemistry, how hot you get it and how you strike it are also all factors. Good luck.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-21, 11:58am
Torching since 2004

Awesome, thank you so much! You guys are amazing!

Old 2014-01-21, 1:31pm

maybe try it on a rube/red elvis base?
Old 2014-01-21, 4:28pm

It is Momka's Violet Melody.. We sell a lot of that.. comes in a celery color rod and this these are the colors you will get from it.
Attached Images

Old 2014-01-22, 4:19pm

Does the violet ruby hold the color under deeper encasement that well? I don't know how big the bead is, but I know that I have better luck with keeping vibrant color like that on the real small stuff.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2014-01-24, 3:45pm
Torching since 2004

It was a smaller bead and I did try Amber Purple which gave some decent results but going to try some layering as the larger I went the less color I got but then again I am on a Lynx and likely not working hot enough.

Old 2014-01-24, 4:05pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious1 View Post
It was a smaller bead and I did try Amber Purple which gave some decent results but going to try some layering as the larger I went the less color I got but then again I am on a Lynx and likely not working hot enough.
Crank it up! A Lynx on tanked oxy can work any color. You just have to make the proper flame adjustments.

Old 2014-01-26, 2:13pm
Torching since 2004

Shawnette, ok I tried it and it worked! I am so stoked as I have a ton of Boro and now to play some more. Had no idea the Lynx could handle it!