Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-09-27, 12:52pm
NW Oregon

Default Photoshop 6.0 Versus Elements 2.0

I just bought an older laptop from the office where my husband works. It is only a Pentium III. Windows 2000. It has lots of memory but just 11Gb of hard drive. I want to use it for bead photos and internet browsing. I have Adobe Photoshop 6.0 and I have Adobe Elements 2.0 [which I've never used. It came with a how-to book on Photoshop] but I haven't installed either one in the laptop yet. I've always assumed that Elements was a smaller, simpler Adobe version but After doing some research, I found out that Elements takes 150MG Hard Drive while Photoshop 6.0 takes 125MG. If you have experience with Photoshop versus Elements, I'd like to hear your opinion on what the difference is.

Thanks!
J

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2006-09-27, 12:58pm
I fart diamonds

Photoshop6 is absolutely better than Elements. Wayyy more features and flexibility.

Old 2006-09-27, 8:26pm
make beads not war

I'm with Shawnette, go with Photoshop.
Old 2006-09-27, 11:30pm
Entropy increasing....

How much memory does it have in the board? It is a memory hog, but Photoshop is definitly the way to go.

I just got a new computer this week. I'm in love with it! A gig n the board. I can open everything and no crashing. lol
Old 2006-09-28, 7:28am
NW Oregon

The laptop is one that was used by a superintendent at the construction company where my husband works so it has the relatively small hard drive but they installed lots of extra memory for running big scheduling programs and the like. The company upgraded to newer laptops with XP. This is an older laptop without all the bells and whistles that I would love to have sometime in the future but what the heck, we bought it for ***$60*** so I am not going to complain. I'll add a wireless adaptor and a router to our DSL and that's all I'll need for Internet service and photos.

I took Shawnette's advice and loaded the Photoshop 6 program. The program responds quickly so I am happy. Thanks for your input everyone!

J

Jennifer
Highland Beads