Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-07-11, 3:32pm
Moving On

Default My photo box thingie came already!

Yep, the one I ordered yesterday from B&H Photo in NYC already arrived (during a power failure). Now that the power is back up, I did some very basic playing...I set the white balance, and tried photographing a bead I made in Pati Walton's class (which is falling apart since I didn't keep it heated well enough). First photo is with the Tungsten lighting, the second is with the fluorescent lighting. The bracelet is with the fluoro. All I did was adjust the lighting with Elements on the bracelet, and did Auto Correct with the other two (and resized):

I think I'm going to be in love!--Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-07-12, 8:02am

JEEZ gail,
It almost looks like you know what you're doing! Great Pics!

Dawn
Old 2006-07-14, 5:25pm

Gail, which one did you get. I'm browsing their site and they have a zillion choices! What lighting did you get?

Old 2006-07-14, 9:58pm
Moving On

I got the MK Gem ebox. Here is a link that describes it: http://www.mkdigitaldirect.com/light...k-gem-ebox.htm

Love it!!!-Gail

Old 2006-07-15, 7:38am

Default photobox

I have just ordered a very inexpensive photo studio table top by Hammacher Schlemmer. If anyone is interested, go to their website www.hammacher.com and take a look at it. It's very portable and when you are done everything fits into a flat case. The total cost including tax and s/h is $101.90.
Old 2006-07-16, 12:42pm

Default photo box

Wow Gail, those pictures are beautiful. Can you use your own camera with that set up? ty, lois

Bead Gallery
Old 2006-07-16, 8:57pm
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart Fire
Wow Gail, those pictures are beautiful. Can you use your own camera with that set up? ty, lois
Yep, I used a Nikon Coolpix. Actually, we have several digital cameras in the house, and all the photos came out great, even the older cameras.

The only advice that came with the light box was that it helps to have a camera with separate lenses, and to have a special macro lens. I can't get incredibly close to the beads from up above, but I have a something like 5 megapixels (??), and the photos are sharp enough that I can zoom in and crop, and still have clarity.

Tomorrow I'm going to see what happens when I shoot from the front with the door open. That might be best for single beads. Maybe!

Now if I'd just make some decent beads! I torched for a couple of hours today, just opened the kiln and everything was UGLY!!!--Gail

Old 2006-10-02, 8:29am
Missing presumed fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Beads
I have just ordered a very inexpensive photo studio table top by Hammacher Schlemmer. If anyone is interested, go to their website www.hammacher.com and take a look at it. It's very portable and when you are done everything fits into a flat case. The total cost including tax and s/h is $101.90.
This tabletop studio is now on ebay for around $69 (not counting shipping). SL Beads, if you see this, how do you like it?