Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-09-22, 4:35pm

Default Coolpix 4800 help

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4800 and can not get any clear and close photos. I have a tripod. Can anyone tell me what my camera settings should be?
Thanks,
Bonnie
Old 2006-09-22, 6:18pm

Hello Bonnie:

I have been using my coolpix 4800 for a good while, and it has some nice macro features. Did you get the manual with your camera? I find the manual invaluable, because these cameras have so many wonderful features. Well anyway, first, set the lighting parameters generally with the white balance within the shooting menu. Then set the scene to close up. I generally shoot outdoors for the better light.

I researched many cameras for the combination of macro features needed for my beads, and choose this one, over a year ago, and it has been fine. But, actually my most favorite thing to do with it is to use the panorama assist and backlight settings to get great panaoramics.

One of the problems I have with the quality of the macro images, is being able to keep the actual lens clean.

Take care!