Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-05-19, 7:19pm

I had such a blast with you guys!! That was the best weekend ever! Can't wait until next year. Hot Damn, it'll be fun!

Love being part of the Missouri glass Ho community! I'm already planning for next year! When exactly is that, so I can start counting down?

Is it May yet???

Lynn
Old 2008-05-19, 7:56pm
make beads not war

It's always the weekend before Memorial Day. I had a great time everyone! I'm gonna veg out now before I have to go back to reality.
Old 2008-05-19, 9:45pm
Julie Nordine

Deb dropped me off just a bit ago & hopefully she's safely home by now.

THANK YOU so much for another fabulous retreat, Karla, Melissa & Becky...... Bryan... Kelly... Serena ....everybody who stepped up & taught such awesome workshops...& the rest of you nutcases who made the weekend go by way too quickly & made it so hard to leave... (special thanks, of course, to my fabulous assistant, Marilyn You've got a job next year, if you can handle it. LOL.)

Such a great time. It's really special to find such a great group of people... nice to make so many new friends this year & to be able to reconnect w/ the ones I made last year... sad, though, that you're all not MY local peeps! Hopefully we'll be able to plan a road trip for a fun St. Louis weekend between now & the 4th MOBR.

We missed you, Jeannette, hope you're feeling better!! I have a bunch of goodies for you & will be calling on you in the next day or two!

xoxoxoxo....me.

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2008-05-20, 6:26am

Glad you got home safe & sound Julie! Was great meeting you and all the other glass gals (& dudes).

I had so much fun that I'm having trouble getting ready for work today. Can't wait for next year.

I learned so much this weekend and can't wait to finish the projects that I started. Thanks to all the "teachers" who taught me so many new crafty things: Sharon (clay makes me crazy), Kim (viking knit), Stacy (kumihimo), Becky (freakin' chain maille), Peggy/Kelly (fusing), Melissa (wig-wag & snark-tinis), Karla (macrame), and Linda (bend bead & watch creation).

So wanted to do the knotted pendant with Deb, but ran out of time. Ditto with dying silk strings with Sue.

So many more people showed me so many other things, but I'm overloaded with info right now and can't access everything! Thanks to all of you too, you know who you are, and I'll remember later, as I download my brain storage area.

Big thanks to Karla, Becky, Melissa for putting this together. It was fabulous and I can't hardly wait til next year.

Lynn
Old 2008-05-20, 11:40am
Hakuna Matata

I think we need to start a No Lampworkers Left Behind program by extending the amount of days. Say Friday to Wednesday so those with family commitments can join us for a couple of days. I know no one realy wanted to leave and having a years advance notice would give them time to put in for their vacation.

I think with a couple of extra days classes can be worked out and give more peeps an opportunity to join in.

Personally I’d like to spend a week and have more open time to finish class projects.

Old 2008-05-20, 11:50am
Hakuna Matata

I’d like to thank Karla, Melissa and Becky for all their hard work.

I’d like to thank my roomy for cluing me in that I snore (WTF) and for taking the photos. It feels good to not have to keep track of a camera even if I forgot to pack mine.

Thank you for all the great food.

Thank you for all the sidesplitting laughter, CA will never be the same.

Old 2008-05-20, 1:27pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Default AMAZING!!

I had an awesome time this year. I learned a ton more this year.

I want to thank Karla, Melissa, Caspertorch and the rest of those that made this years event possible. Oh and a special thanks to Brian and Kelly for making the oxygen happen. It was really nice not to have circuits popping this year.

Also, wanted to say thanks to those that taught and demoed. What a BLAST!!!

I can no longer say that I am a boro or fusing VIRGIN!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!

Was nice seeing you again and meeting more new people. Will be looking forward to next year and would LOVE to make it longer.

Hugs,
Deb in MN

Old 2008-05-20, 1:57pm
Smooches!

Yes, the retreat needs to be at least 5 days long! WooHoo!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-05-20, 4:57pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedchicken View Post

leslie (not barb!)
that would be b/c Barb doesn't have a nose piercing... giggle..........

but she does like to watch BIG glass beign made, LOL

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-05-20, 4:59pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue H-K View Post
LOL Dianna! When we met up with my in-laws to get the kids yesterday, my oldest son immediately said "what have you done to your nose...take it off now!!!" and my mother in-law, said I was the last person in the world except my sister-in-law Molly to ever get their nose pierced and that she was proud of me....
poor Gabe!

has Aiden tried to pierce his nose yet?

I so can see him doing that, or at least digging into your earrings and trying to!!!

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-05-21, 5:25am
Melt That Glass

I want to thank everyone there that shared their knowledge. I had a blast and definately learned alot.

Karla--You do a fantastic job of organizing this event--wish there was a better way to thank you than just saying thanks.

I loved my condo mates--hope we can do it again next year.

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2008-05-21, 9:35am
Pronounced "Mare"

The pix are up! I put them on my SmugMug site because the local club's free Flickr account won't allow all the space these pictures take up. We'll deal with that later, but I wanted to get the pictures up somewhere for everyone to see.

Sorry, but I did not learn everyone's name. If you see people you know please add a comment to the photos.

See the pix at http://mrob.smugmug.com/gallery/4984794_bwavS/11#P-1-15.

Old 2008-05-21, 10:15am
Julie Nordine

LMAO.... I was just about to comment on all of the great pictures & then caught sight of your username subtitle, Marilyn!! LOL! That's just too funny! I'm going to have to start selling more of my [opal yellow] beads so I can put you on my payroll. BTW...did you see that I left my fan @ the resort... you wouldn't mind going back to get it for me, would you???

Anyway... great pictures, Marilyn!!! I'm so glad there was an "official photographer" ... I don't know if anyone else got their camera out!! Too much fun. All of the pictures makes me miss everyone even more. Dang it. It went by way too fast!!! They also make me realized I missed out on a few things. It would be nice to be in several places at once. I need a clone (or 3)

OMG...I have alot of OY/rubino beads, don't I??
I think I'm going to spend the next 12 months weight training... or next year I'm wearing longer sleeves, LOL. Gag. (a little sun wouldn't hurt, either!!)

Thanks, Marilyn!

keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others

Last edited by CreditRiverArtGlass; 2008-05-21 at 3:05pm.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:24am
Member of the Booger7

Great pics! Although, I tend to be squinty and really white too!!

Dianna -

Old 2008-05-21, 10:34am
Hakuna Matata

We are so fortunate to have Mar taking the photos beautiful work

Old 2008-05-21, 10:38am
Hakuna Matata

After seeing the pics I think I'll hop on one of these.

and then

Old 2008-05-21, 10:40am
One of the Booger 7

How do we delete pictures?

leslie

Old 2008-05-21, 10:54am
Pronounced "Mare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditRiverArtGlass View Post
LMAO.... I was just about to comment on all of the great pictures & then caught site of your username subtitle, Marilyn!! LOL! That's just too funny! I'm going to have to start selling more of my [opal yellow] beads so I can put you on my payroll. BTW...did you see that I left my fan @ the resort... you wouldn't mind going back to get it for me, would you???
Well, if the weather was better I might think about it. I could ride a motorcycle down but there might be some showers tomorrow. I'm here to serve!

Quote:
(a little sun wouldn't hurt, either!!)
Yeah, I thought about my winter white skin, too. But I figured everyone else would look the same.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments about the pictures!

Old 2008-05-21, 10:59am
Smooches!

Awesome pics Mar!

Old 2008-05-21, 11:00am
Pronounced "Mare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by art-jewelry-designs View Post
I’d like to thank my roomy for cluing me in that I snore (WTF)
And you do, too! But I got used to it.

Whoever rooms with Sharon next year... be sure to bring earplugs.

Old 2008-05-21, 11:20am
Booger #7

Great Pics Marilyn!!!!!

Old 2008-05-21, 11:21am
Booger #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by art-jewelry-designs View Post
After seeing the pics I think I'll hop on one of these.

and then
LOL...I only found myself in one pic, but I've already been to the gym this morning! Quite the little motivator!

Old 2008-05-21, 1:37pm
Julie Nordine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Well, if the weather was better I might think about it. I could ride a motorcycle down but there might be some showers tomorrow. I'm here to serve!
You're looking for a raise, aren't you?
You know I'm kidding, right??? LOL! (about fetching the fan, I mean.... the raise I'll think about.)

Old 2008-05-21, 3:42pm
Pronounced "Mare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditRiverArtGlass View Post
You're looking for a raise, aren't you?
You know I'm kidding, right??? LOL! (about fetching the fan, I mean.... the raise I'll think about.)
Of course I know you are kidding. But any excuse for a long ride...

Old 2008-05-21, 4:42pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Those pictures are great. Looks like you guys had a really good time! And you couldn't have asked for better weather!

Old 2008-05-21, 5:25pm
Melt That Glass

Great pics--it sure is fun to look at them and think about the fun all over again...
Thanks for the wonderful memories!!!

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2008-05-21, 5:31pm
On the flippity flop

Awesome pics, Mar!

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2008-05-21, 6:18pm
Smooches!

We missed you flippity flopper!

Old 2008-05-21, 6:51pm
On the flippity flop

I missed you guys too. You just don't know how much. I am going to have to come to STL just to be with my peeps again soon.

Lurves to you guys.

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2008-05-21, 7:08pm
Smooches!

I think you just need to move the family here