The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-01-18, 9:26pm
Just Ain't Right

Default New to Silver Glass Question

Hi there.

I just bought a tin of DH's Terranova 2.1 shards as a Christmas present...among other Vertafond and CiM colors. Figured that it's time to move into the 'oooohhh...shiny!" realm. Or at least peek into it.

Anyway - I'm wondering what colors would be best for the shards to bring out their best qualities. And what base colors to avoid - not too fond of "poo" colored things, but I know they have their place. Any hints you care to pass on? Pretty please

Thanks!
-Sarah
Old 2012-01-18, 10:20pm
da General

Sarah, welcome to our world of silver glass! I want to warn you that it's addicting!

Terranova 2.1 is a striking silver glass so if you want "oooohhh...shiny!" it's not going to provide that effect. We have some information on striking and reducing glass as well as tutorials on our website. Click on "Silver Glass 101."

http://envisionsf.com

Hope that helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2012-01-18, 10:38pm
Just Ain't Right

Hayley,

Excellent! Thank you.

Yeah, all I need is another addiction. Figured that shards would be a good way to get my feet wet.

Thanks!
-Sarah