No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-05-23, 5:22pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default When great tools collide

Thought I'd share this tip with my friends.
Using CG Beadroller's Pandora Barrel Plus and an Agate58 optic mold and you'll have a perfect measurement for forming your gather for murrini.
Using a 1/8" mandrel. Pictures pretty much explain it. Stripe the grooves with what ever stringers you want.

Have fun.

J.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-05-23, 6:39pm

My vote? Nice job!!!

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2012-05-24, 12:37pm
dances with ideas...

I like it! Thanks!!

Old 2012-05-24, 2:29pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I do the same exact thing (except I use the barrel on my sampler). Works great!

ETA: I love the way your vine cane looks likes the leaves on carnations and asters, what a lovely bead!

Old 2012-05-24, 4:02pm
Queen Tut ;)

Ok, I have neither tool and now I want both. If only business wasn't horribly slow, darn you!

Old 2012-05-24, 8:06pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
Ok, I have neither tool and now I want both. If only business wasn't horribly slow, darn you!
LOL. I lusted after the barrel bead roller for months. I just had to make more beads and save, save and save and I finally got it! All of my bead rollers are worth their weight in gold..
J.

Old 2012-05-24, 8:09pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb6094 View Post
I do the same exact thing (except I use the barrel on my sampler). Works great!

ETA: I love the way your vine cane looks likes the leaves on carnations and asters, what a lovely bead!
Great minds. Right? Thank you Astrid. The background on this bead is actually a twisty of several opal greens and turquoise with a touch of EDP and black. I never know how it's going to turn out, but I'm seldom disappointed.

J.

Old 2012-05-24, 8:16pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I started with the three prong optic, then I got the 12 prong optic and I'm lusting after the 16. I want that barrel roller too but it will have to wait until after the disk spacer set, and the round spacer set and NOW Donna has more samplers. It's just not fair.

Old 2012-05-27, 7:33pm

Why oh why can't we just have all the glass tools we want?
Old 2012-05-28, 10:41am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by msy439 View Post
Why oh why can't we just have all the glass tools we want?
I know, right? That's why I need to win the lottery.

Old 2012-05-28, 11:50am
Uh-oh means it's too late

Super cool tip thank you so much for sharing! I do have another tip to add if you are minus the optic mold but have the barrel tool- after you have shaped the barrel you can lightly roll it over one of those groovy rollers that most of us got in our basic bead kits when we started the grooves are evenly spaced so it works out great.

Old 2012-05-28, 2:46pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDoorBeads View Post
Super cool tip thank you so much for sharing! I do have another tip to add if you are minus the optic mold but have the barrel tool- after you have shaped the barrel you can lightly roll it over one of those groovy rollers that most of us got in our basic bead kits when we started the grooves are evenly spaced so it works out great.
Hi Michelle! Yes! I forgot all about that. Thank you for sharing.

J.

Old 2012-05-31, 12:22pm

Hi Everyone, this is Glenn. I wanted to thank everyone for there kind words about our optic molds. I have been so busy with doing things this spring to improve my home, that I haven't been keeping up with LE. I have been putting a lot of our tools on ebay, because it is expensive, listing on 2 sites. I have put my etsy shop on a rest untill this fall.

If anyone is interested in something that I do not have listed, just let me know and we can put it on ebay for you, and with these hard times we will try to make them affordable.
Thanks again everyone,
PS: You couldn't ask for a better bunch of people on this site
everyone I have ever communicated with has treated me with dignity, support,and respect.
I am proud to be a member of this site.
Thanks again everyone,
Glenn