Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-10-18, 1:03pm
Wendy

Default Critter beads and BOC

I love to make critter beads and as I'm doing them sometimes they don't come out quite as I'd like them to. There's nothing "wrong" with them but I wondered if they'd be okay for BOC beads? Most of them do have little bumps for ears and I've got one that has small wings though they're not delicate.

Would these be okay to send to the kids?

Thanks!
Wendy

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2010-10-18, 1:18pm
Life is good

Hi Wendy,
Those are awesome. I'll wait for an expert to give you a definite answer, but just wanted to say those are really cool. I hope they are acceptable cause I know they would really make kids smile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-18, 1:20pm
Wendy

Aww thanks Dave! I just don't want to send them something they can't use.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2010-10-18, 1:25pm
Live and Let Live

Those wings and ears look pretty 'sturdy' from here. Those will make some smiles for sure! I'm not the official answer person either though. I just had to chime in because they're too stinkin' adorable!

Old 2010-10-18, 3:05pm

Wendy, those are adorable!
Old 2010-10-18, 7:40pm
Wendy

Thanks Lisa and Patty. They're kinda noisy when there's too many of them so I try to find them new homes as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Old 2010-10-21, 9:39am

They sure made me smile
Not an official answer either, but I just had to say how cute they are. LOVE the faces!!!!
Old 2010-10-21, 9:34pm
I speak Murrini!

OMG Wendy, those are adorable and I'm not the definitive voice, but I'm gonna bet the kids would love those!

I liked that Bumble Bee so much I even went trolling in your Etsy to see if there was a similar one there...but no little sitting bumble bee babies for sale.
Well at least not yet!

WINK!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-10-22, 4:30am
Wendy

A
thanks De! I haven't had any torch time since last Saturday. Thought I'd get some last night but DD (17) had a series of siezures at the end of the school day and after we got her home and settled she wanted to watch a movie with all of us. No torch time but time well spent anyway.

The bee was something new I tried so there will be more, though. ChaosMom, part of their face is built using a section from Cynthia Tilker's keeper tutorial. I've never made a keeper from the full tutorial but the way she does the face makes it super simple to add life to a critter bead.

I'm going to string some beads up this weekend and send them off to BOC. If they can't use these for the kids maybe they can sit on a desk somewhere there and make someone smile.

Quote:

Last edited by Bluejeangirlnc; 2010-10-22 at 4:33am. Reason: added face info
Old 2010-10-27, 1:14pm
Obsessed Blogger

I'm no expert but I can be an 'official' voice.

They're GREAT and the kids will love them! As long as any bumps and raised areas are melted in firmly they should be good!

::
Old 2010-11-02, 10:12am
Wendy

Thanks Lori! I'm hoping to have several done by the end of Thanksgiving break and mail them off in time for them to make a child smile by Christmas.

Quote: