Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-03-09, 7:52am

Yikes, what a wonder full showand tell! Everyone's work is awesome. Thanks for sharing it!!!!

Sals
Old 2009-03-09, 8:57am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Great stuff everyone! Man I wish I had 1/100th of the experience, talent and knowledge of color that you all have! Marcel, I'm really lovin' the spirit horse!

Here's a couple more offerings from me, both new colors for me, still working on cooking the heavier metal colors without bringing the metal to the surface (on the horse). Sorry about the image quality, still in the dark ages with the photos! ARGH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Deb
Old 2009-03-09, 3:09pm
No Problem!

Wow, nice haul for March so far gang. So many awesome pendants,sculptures and marbles.

I have some other goodies I want to show but I'll throw up this uber-huge pendant first. I made it a couple weeks ago and haven't attempted to sell it yet so I thought I should at least share it with my boro buddies here.
It's completely hollow and done with a technique (usually called fillacello) that I've only tried a couple of times before but those were beads and came out much different. It comes out right at 2" across.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-03-09, 3:12pm
boro color bender

It's awesome Beau!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-09, 3:20pm
Pyromaniac

Wow. That is beautiful and cool and amazing. The stained glass window effect is striking and wonderful

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2009-03-09, 3:24pm
No Problem!

Thank you kindly Brent and Chris.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-03-09, 3:49pm

Beau,
That is really beyond my scope of how you did that!!! Completely Amazing!
steph
Old 2009-03-09, 4:53pm

Nice Beau
is that the AP tube with clear? love the color pendant, has the look of the ever elusive satin colors. very very sweet, as good as any fillacello I seen.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2009-03-09, 4:56pm
No Problem!

Thanks Steph, I've heard that's what many glassworkers strive for, to make pieces that cause the viewer to say just that.
What would really be amazing is if I was actually the genius individual that came up and executed that technique for the first time in history. Now that would be something.

Here's another new goodie that I've been having lots of fun with.
I call them Plasma Helix beads.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-03-09, 5:10pm
No Problem!

Thanks Murf. I was kind of surprised it turned out as well as it did.
It's not the AP tube, though I have been making some beads with that.
The front is a flipped disc. I got it puntied and ready, then let it wait in the kiln while I coated the inside of a section of clear tube with butterscotch frit, fully melted it all in, then opened the end to fit the disc, seal it on and finish up the rest.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-03-09, 9:58pm

So beautiful Beau!!! I have tried to master that technique but i have to. It is still very random for me when it actually works. That is just gorgeous!!!

Ashlea

Old 2009-03-10, 9:12am
Red Hot Mama

So Beau, when you gonna sell that monster????? I want it bad.... this is my first time back on lampworketc in some time now. I used to work for Colored Sands Glass Co & have been out of the loop for a couple years now... but I just bought myself a kiln and am ready to get back on the torch again... your pendant is inspiring... thanks for sharing. cdk
Old 2009-03-10, 10:10am
No Problem!

PM'd you chris

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-03-10, 1:25pm

Awesome beads Beau. Definitely some of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-03-10, 9:48pm

You guys put me to shame but I haven't posted for awhile....
Attached Images

Old 2009-03-11, 5:40am
boro color bender

Kay... those are gorgeous!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-11, 6:40am

The heart sorta has your signature on it.. huh... I love your latest pieces. And, Thank you.

Old 2009-03-11, 3:41pm
Torch junkie

Here's a couple more frog paperweights that just hopped into my eBay store.

Enjoy!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-03-11, 7:19pm

Everyone's work is so spectacular, I'm almost ashamed to post mine, but I'm gonna try anyway. All these marbles were using the techniques from Chad's book. Sorry if I haven't shown his techniques very well. I haven't figured exactly how totake good photos either. This my first post to this site. Hopefully I will improve in the future.

Last edited by getdul981; 2009-03-12 at 7:21am.
Old 2009-03-11, 7:28pm

Uh-Oh!! I don't know what happened here. Sorry guys.

Greg
Old 2009-03-11, 10:18pm

Awesome marbles I am waiting for chad's book any day now, hopefully I can get close to these results. well done.
Old 2009-03-12, 5:12am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981
Uh-Oh!! I don't know what happened here. sorry guys.

Greg
I don't use the image hosting here, but try adding an enter keystroke before the first image and after each [/image]. You may have to edit your post to make it work, but it worked when I quoted your post.

Or you could do every second one and have 2 images per line.

<shrug> A moderator can fix it if you can't. Sadly I'm not a mod here or I'd have already done it (stuff like that makes me itch!)

Last edited by Bunyip; 2009-03-12 at 5:44am.
Old 2009-03-12, 7:20am

Thank you very much Deb and Chris. I'll try and fix this mess, Chris
Old 2009-03-12, 7:22am

There wse go!! Thanks again Chris
Old 2009-03-12, 8:10am
Pyromaniac

I meant to mention your marbles too - I really liked the dichro one and the caramel (butterscotch?) implosion. Looking good! The one with the inclusion is cool too. What is that anyhow? It looks like an asteroid floating through space.

Old 2009-03-12, 1:14pm

Chris,

Thanks for your comments. The inclusion is called herkimer. It's a quartz crystal substance that I have been told only comes from Herkimer, NY. It's not very expensive, but I love the effect. I've thought it looks like an asteroid coming at you from space too.

Greg
Old 2009-03-12, 8:18pm
Seeker of Beauty

This is such a great thread.

My boro has taken a real turn and it's becoming popular. I've got some new stuff to post in this thread later, but I've also got a brand new line...

Sorry Brent, but I've totally perverted your heart tutorial!

Look for the BORO - AFTERDARK post coming shortly!

AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-03-12, 8:19pm
Seeker of Beauty

Oops,

I meant to tell you all what a great job you're doing. These items are just amazing and humbling!

Keep up the great work,

Lloyd
AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-03-13, 3:50am

nice stuff!!! keep it coming
here's a few tiny Slain Teddy phone dangles I recently made on my Mirage, just for the heck of it. Tiiiny ... I made a whole bunch, these are just some samples, and they come in 4 different style atm, Bonehead Ted, Mummy Bear, Zombie Koala and Voodoo Bear. I confess I have a soft spot for the zombies, I was giggling deliriously as I was putting the teeth on some of them, like some mad Dr. Frankenstein. On a couple of occasions an oddball would slip in, such as a zombie with an orange head and a bonehead with horns.
You can check out some of my earlier Slain Teddy sculptures on www.slainteddy.com (you may have already seen them last year, though )

hope you have fun looking at them as much as I had fun making them.
cheers
Chris
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2009-03-13 at 3:52am.
Old 2009-03-13, 8:21am
Pyromaniac

The one in the upper left is my favorite.