No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-04-29, 4:18pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Default Glass ring holders?

Does anyone know of anyone who makes these? They're like.....giant elongated hershey's kisses.

Here's an example of one I found on Amazon.

I'm sure given enough time I could probably make these myself but I really don't have the time or inclination right now and I'm in instant gratification mode

Thanks.

-Yee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-04-29, 4:23pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Oh wow - I am totally going to have to try that now.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2012-04-29, 4:26pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Squidders....if you are successful I need at least 3 or 4 Pretty please.....

Old 2012-04-29, 5:30pm
Borovangelist

I don't know about that particular one, but I know Lana (GinkoGlass) was making some.

|
|
Old 2012-04-29, 6:37pm
Hobby Junkie

I make them as presents; but I've never sold any. If you can't find a source, pm me and I'll try to find time to make you some.

Old 2012-05-03, 7:24pm
It's about having fun!

Hey that's cool, something new to try but I don't know if that much glass would hold up in my hot head..
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-05-04, 12:10am
Fancy Mammal

Hmmm, what a great idea, I'm tempted to try making one. Is the size Hershey Kiss-like or bigger?
Old 2012-05-04, 1:01am
Hobby Junkie

Big enough that it won't go all the way through the ring.

Old 2012-05-04, 6:08am

I don't do that but maybe contact FIG (Michael Mangiafico) Some of his stuff looks like it could be similar.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-05-04, 6:23am
ManBearPig

I make a bunch of them. They are super easy. They sell pretty well at shows too.

Old 2012-05-04, 8:43am

They are lovely!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2012-05-04, 8:46am
Hobby Junkie

I like to make them to use up my little shorts of canes and stringers. Just melt 'em up around a clear rod. Encase in clear if you want. Swirl around a bit. Let it blob up. Pull one end up to a point. Smoosh the other end. Fire polish any marks. Done!

Old 2012-05-04, 8:03pm
It's about having fun!

Sounds fun! I'm going to atleast make myself a few, or try! I lay my rings around everywhere! That will give me something new to try tomorrow! That's exciting!
Just what I needed!
Hope you find some nice ones Yee!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-05-04, 9:25pm

I am so going to make some tomorrow.!
Old 2012-05-05, 9:33am
Fancy Mammal

And to think I was all ready to go buy some ring displays! Thank you!
Old 2012-05-05, 9:57pm
It's about having fun!

Oh lol! Must be one of those things that looks easy, well maybe not, I tried one and it was quite lop sided!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-05-06, 3:42pm
Certified Glassaholic!

I'm still looking! If you have some in your store/on your website/whatever...please PM me

Thanks!

-Yee

Old 2012-05-07, 7:00am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeepers View Post
I'm still looking! If you have some in your store/on your website/whatever...please PM me

Thanks!

-Yee
I should have some next week on my Etsy site.