Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-04-06, 7:05pm

.....and just recently purchased Crystal Bliss as a Northstar color..
Old 2013-04-06, 7:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowinglass View Post
.....and just recently purchased Crystal Bliss as a Northstar color..
I fixed it, thank u. Have been under the weather since Wednesday, probably shouldn't post with a fever lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-07, 4:23am
kiwi ( new zealand)

very cool jellfish i wold post what been doing but for some reson they photo upload keeps fail.

also getwell

Geoffery Bunker Glass artist
Live Stream
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

octarockstudio= octopuss sit on a rock studio
Old 2013-04-07, 2:08pm
Dakine glass man

Ok back in the studio. Today's color is Mai tai green

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-04-07, 2:14pm
Dakine glass man

Here it is in rod form
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-07, 2:54pm

This is really fun but the waiting part, not so much. Hurry up, John!

Old 2013-04-07, 3:05pm
Dakine glass man

Lol ok so here it is pulled down to stringer. This one is obviously a striker as well (all Mai tai series are)
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-07, 3:06pm
Dakine glass man

A few bubbles but but not too bad.

Old 2013-04-07, 3:07pm
Dakine glass man

And here it is before striking. Looks kinda like cappuccino. Sasha's oil slick also reacts to this tone internally.
Attached Images

Last edited by Maui Greenstone; 2013-04-07 at 3:42pm.
Old 2013-04-07, 5:18pm

Would you consider doing a jelly tut? I looked in your etsy but didn't see one. Totally understand if you'd rather not for whatever reason. Or come to the Tucson show, score experimentals from Dave to your heart's content, and teach a jelly class!

Old 2013-04-07, 6:01pm

I looked for one after seeing these and was unable to find a written one. There was a video on you tube though.
Old 2013-04-08, 12:06am
Dakine glass man

I teach at glass stock west, however I'm holding onto the jelly tech at the moment as I've been burned recently by teaching it to people who have then sold my design within a mile of my shop and used it in competition next to me .... I'm not saying I won't show people, they kinda have to earn my trust first tho. So please no more PMs asking about this particular technique. I really am pretty much an open book for any basic technique, color combos,or tool questions , but I feel this particular jelly design is unique to me(obviously other people make jellies, really nice ones too). I don't want to be rude about it, I just spent like 3 years dialing it in and I'm not quite ready to give it away yet.

Ok so here is the Mai tai green after 1 cycle

Also note the barely visable blue line around the jelly. a nice subtle reaction that normally becomes more vibrant with multiple strikes......let's see
Attached Images

Last edited by Maui Greenstone; 2013-04-08 at 1:24pm.
Old 2013-04-08, 12:10am
Dakine glass man

Ok so I noticed that Mai tai green was also very saturated, so here I watered it down with clear about 4 parts clear to 1 part mtg. I used onyx to back it to really bring out the subtle transparent tones. This is after 1 strike
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-08, 12:13am
Dakine glass man

Here is the mtg on the surface with some clear dots after 1 strike
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-08, 4:34am

Whoa, what gorgeous color! Was that diluted with clear or straight?

Old 2013-04-08, 11:23am

Really nice effects!

Old 2013-04-08, 1:22pm
Dakine glass man

the only one diluted is the one pictured with the onyx backing color....the rest of them are all straight Mai Tai Green...I have yet to see the green tones though.....back in the kiln they go for another cycle...I played with the Green Morado yesterday as well, but for purposes of keeping the thread organized i won't list results until after I post the final striking pics from the Mai Tai Green.

Old 2013-04-09, 11:08am

Tap, tap, tap

Old 2013-04-09, 1:40pm
Dakine glass man

Ok here is the group shot of Mai tai green after strike 2. They are in for strike 3 today, but I'm gonna go ahead and move on and just edit posts to add any more pics of this color.
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 1:48pm
Dakine glass man

There wasn't much change this last strike, so I'm going up to 1175 with it for about 7 minutes at the end of my work session today. I garage between 950-1000 to net mess with the strike and its much more kind to adventaurine colors

Old 2013-04-09, 2:49pm
Dakine glass man

Next up green Morado! Looks purple in rod form. Pretty smith workable color very little air.
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:50pm
Dakine glass man

After 1 cycle
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:51pm
Dakine glass man

After cycle 2
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:52pm
Dakine glass man

Used on surface with clear dots
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:53pm
Dakine glass man

Used internally as a backing for jellyfish
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:55pm
Dakine glass man

Watered down 1 strike
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:56pm
Dakine glass man

Group shot after strike 2
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-09, 2:56pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Joining this thread!!!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2013-04-09, 2:58pm
Dakine glass man

These are in for another strike today as well. As with most colors, use neutral to oxidizing flames when working. This color also likes
It HOT. More purples come where is super heated.

Old 2013-04-09, 2:58pm
Dakine glass man

Hi Karen!!! Pull up a chair