Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-05-23, 6:56am
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Any hints on what the Player's invitational recipe source is?
Nope! 'Tis simply an idea I've got floating in my head - will try and work out the specifics - shall keep you posted!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-23, 7:22am
yukue fumei

I'll be sittin' here, waiting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

Old 2007-05-23, 7:46am

"Also, I'm playing with the concept of adding-in a "Player's Invitational" recipe source, which could prove to be very interesting indeed!! "

Yippie.......this is a bonus.......................

Old 2007-05-23, 7:51am
Macaw Mamma

I want in again...... I can't email from work, but will send the info to you tonight
Thanks for doing another round!!!

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2007-05-23, 9:31am
Serenity Now!

Got you down, Dianne! Glad you like the idea, Denise - just working out the crimps in my idea...Will definitely keep you all informed...

Okay - so far my idea is this: I've got a "secret" recipe - Player #1 (if interested), would e-mail me one of theirs, who would get mine in return...
Player #2 e-mails me another one, and they'd get mine, and Player #1's...Player #1 would get #2's, and so on and so forth...

It's doable, but frankly, I've got two jobs, and don't want to devote an extraordianary amount of time to this, and by extrapolating the concept - it can get rather large...

P.S.: Am very much open to ideas along this line if you'd like to post them here, or send me an e-mail.

Old 2007-05-23, 10:09am

Oh, I just thought it would be like when we receive the box and are sending it out we include a little index card with a recipe or special color mix that we like on it....So everyone who gets the box will also get some new ideas.....
just what I thought you meant......secrets I dont have any....lol....yet anyways...........hope to have some soon................

Old 2007-05-23, 11:05am
Serenity Now!

We're on the same page, Denise - I know we are! It'd be just that: a way for everyone to share...When I said "secret", I mean like what you said: Special color mixes we like, and stuff like that...
And I've no doubt you've got some secrets lurking - don't we all!

Anyhow, as I said before - it's just an idea of been playing around with in my mind......everybody's comments are welcome and appreciated!

Old 2007-05-23, 2:25pm
HourGlass Studio

Ohhh I like that recipie idea !!!!

Lets do that for sure. Could the recipie just be posted in the thread as each player posts their takes and adds ?? Would be easier.....I think. Would be great if there was a photo to accompany the recipe too.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2007-05-23 at 2:30pm.
Old 2007-05-24, 4:48pm
Serenity Now!

Okay everybody: This is the 2nd-to-LAST CALL for sign-ups!! I've gotten several e-mails from peeps who appear to be "sitting on the fence'...time to stop your dithering...is you in, or is you out?!

If ya wanna play - sign-up now - LAST CALL will be announced in a day or two, without further notice...

Old 2007-05-24, 6:37pm
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Welcome to the fun, Darcy! Bonny, I've got your info still - just need to know from the previous players if they're in - or if they're going to pass this round...

Got your name down already to play, Bonny - am I right here, or...?
Yes - you have it down. This is going to be great.
Old 2007-05-24, 7:03pm
Serenity Now!

It's shaping up to be a great game, Bonny - thanks for signing-up again...

Can someone PLEASE do me a favour? I'm a Canadian - I'm geographically challenged - what can I say? COuld someone please put the following States in order from Coast to Coast?!

WA - TX - NY - MA - FL - SC - CA - MT - GA - CA - Illinois - is this IL? - Utah - is this UT? - CO - VA - GA - RI - MO

Much appreciation to you, in advance...V

Old 2007-05-25, 10:40am
Gay rights R human rights

Might i suggest a circular route? the order would be from west coast to east coast in this order....
MT, WA, CA, CA, UT, CO, TX, MO, IL, FL, GA, SC, NY and RI

If you look strictly west to east it would be
WA CA UT MT CO TX MO IL GA FL SC NY AND RI

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-05-25, 11:18am
Serenity Now!

Thanks Leslie! Haven't planned out any routes yet, but as there will again be two boxes, it seems that an East Coast and West coast may be the way to go...

At any rate, I appreciate you taking the time to help!

Old 2007-05-26, 7:28pm
Trying to Hope!

woohoo I am so excited I am saving my full rods so i can swap them out and try new things

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-05-27, 2:58am
Serenity Now!

FYI Wendy, and other new players to our game: When I send the boxes out on their way - I enclose full rods of colours, which have been cut in half (size-wise - they fit into the box better).

That being said - when the box gets to you - you can trade out 1/2 rods - or full ones also cut in half - this way it gives everybody even more to choose from...

Today is the last day for sign-ups!!

Old 2007-05-27, 6:12am

Val,
I did not see West Virginia on your list of states. Do you have me down as Virginia by mistake by chance. I'm just north in West Virginia.
Carol

Old 2007-05-27, 7:19am
Serenity Now!

Got it, Carol! Just looked at my "master" list again...ya know, without my glasses, WA and WV looked kinda similar! (Dontchya just hate those little annoyances growing older?!)

P.S.: Just curious...if you're North of Virginia, why wouldn't it be called "North Virginia"...?

Old 2007-05-29, 4:42pm

So when does the epic journey begin?

Old 2007-05-29, 6:03pm
Serenity Now!

Just waiting to wind-up the Boro-box II game - one box is on it's way back to me, and the East coast box has one player still to go.
Should be in approx 2 weeks!

I received a rather large box today from Phyllis over at Trev's Glass...it was jam-packed FULL of some of the most gorgeous dichro pieces I've ever seen - plus some really cool cane/milli cutting tools!

Thanks Phyllis and Trev - I've no doubt all our player's are going to be loving it!

Old 2007-05-30, 8:27am

Oh yeah... Trev's dichro is to die for!

Eeeeeeeeekkkk... can't wait!
Jo
Old 2007-05-30, 9:53am
yukue fumei

WOOHOOOO!
Phyllis and Trev's Glass rocks!!!
thank you!!!

nagi

Old 2007-05-30, 10:59am
HourGlass Studio

Ive bought some glass from them and they were super nice people to deal with.
Old 2007-05-30, 12:14pm

Thank you all so much.. You've all been good customers.. I'm sending some of that Dichro to a sweet blower over in France
I really want to see what you each make with Dichro in the box so be sure and show us..

Phyllis
Old 2007-05-30, 1:13pm

I just finished cutting a whole wack of murrini for part of my contribution. Ive got all kinds of goodies but no dichro so this is great news!

Old 2007-05-30, 1:31pm
Satake Woman!

Oh wow, Trev's dicro! I love that stuff. It is soooo easy to work with. I just wish it came with a big marker X on the side that is dicro. I keep screwing that up!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-06-03, 3:07am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie L View Post
Ohhh I like that recipie idea !!!!

Lets do that for sure. Could the recipie just be posted in the thread as each player posts their takes and adds ?? Would be easier.....I think. Would be great if there was a photo to accompany the recipe too.
This does not sound easy for those of us who are just starting with boro. My recipes all seem to be something along the lines of "try what Brent said" Or "wonder if this transparent will work over white?" or my all time favorite "can I encase this green?" (note NS forest green does *not* seem to like being encased much at all) I do have a wonderful recipe for getting crap out of NS ruby... it involves using much hope for a nice red... and ohhhh the color of old liver is hiding in there too.

Alan.

A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
Old 2007-06-03, 8:28am
Serenity Now!

You're so funny, Alan!! Upon reconsideration, I've decided to scrap the idea of the recipe portion of the game: it's just too distracting...

So just never-mind, and let's get on with just playing with our glass...

Old 2007-06-03, 8:46am
HourGlass Studio

Alan I am new to boro also.
Old 2007-06-03, 9:36am
Megra Farbot

Here's my recipe: Put anything remotely red over clear, then cover with something transparent yellowy, pull & use.

(can you tell I'm new to boro, too?)
Old 2007-06-08, 1:37am

What about starting the farthest from you then have it work its way back

east coast-MA,NY,VA,SC,GA,FL,IL
West coast-MO (could go in eithier box),TX,CO,UT,CA,MT,WA
I can't find a RI where is that what state?