LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-09-23, 7:37am
Born Facing Left

Default Shipwreck Tutorial (With Bonus Implosion/cane Tutorial!) is Finished!

A sweet customer brought it to my attention that I never updated a previous thread in this room, so consider it done!

The tutorial is available in my Etsy store, here's a brief description:

"You will receive a highly detailed and lavishly photographed tutorial describing in great detail the techniques that I use to create these watery beauties. I'll take you along as I make one of these beads, giving detailed explanations for each step. (The bead in the third photo is the actual tutorial bead that we'll create.)

You will also receive two additional smaller tutorials, "Making Tiny Implosions in Soft Glass", and "Hollow Illusion" cane. If you've never created an implosion with soft glass, I'll show you how!

These tutorials are all based on 104 COE glass, and include information on the glass colors, tools, and materials etc. that I use."

Link to my Etsy store in my signature!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-23, 8:36pm
NW Oregon

This is a great tutorial. Sherry's "conversational tone" made me feel like she was in the room explaining the steps to me (In my mind I heard it....complete with what I expect is a Canadian accent). I love her explanations for several of the steps; I always appreciate it when I learn more about why the artist has chosen to do things a certain way. Yep, I'm really pleased with this tutorial.

Thank you Sherry!

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-09-23, 8:54pm
Born Facing Left

You're welcome, Jennifer! Love the "Canadian accent...eh? lol!!"

I'm really glad that you liked it, Jennifer, please show us pictures of your results!

Old 2009-09-24, 6:51am

Sherry-This is an incredibly generous tutorial. For the money I feel like I got an incredible bargain. There is so much in this tutorial and it opens the door to so many ideas. Thanks so much!
Old 2009-09-24, 7:51am
Born Facing Left

You're so welcome, Mary!

Old 2009-09-25, 11:58am

Just purchased. I know what I am doing this weekend!! Yipeee.
Old 2009-09-26, 2:20pm
Born Facing Left

Have fun, and take pictures!

Old 2010-02-02, 3:48pm
Mad about Glass

Thought we needed reminding that Sherry's wonderful tutorials are still available.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SherryBellamy

[url]

Old 2010-02-02, 5:19pm
Born Facing Left

Thanks, Jenn, how sweet of you!

Old 2013-03-07, 7:21am
Senior Moment

Wheee! Picked the tut up late last nite, and here is the first result:

Name:  IMG_5571-001.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  IMG_5573-001.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  54.2 KB
Name:  IMG_5575-001.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  35.3 KB

I'm calling it my "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" bead, as there is no inclusion, erm, included. The cat had an accident with a vase and the steps while I was making it and while the cat and the vase survived, the inclusion piece and my nerves didn't. Also, I'd like to point out this was done on a HotHead, with a MapPro canister. It CAN be done!

Thanx so much Sherry; can't wait to do another one.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-03-07, 8:52am
Born Facing Left

Fabulous, Alli! That looks great! Bad kitty, Lol....glad your vase survived at least!

Old 2013-03-09, 2:08pm
Senior Moment

Ok, I'm having far too much fun with this tut!

Another Kitchen sink bead:
Front:
Name:  IMG_5590-001.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  44.7 KB
Back
Name:  IMG_5591-001.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  42.3 KB

And a smaller one, where I managed to restrain myself and not stuff everything I have into it:
Front:
Name:  IMG_5592-001.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  42.7 KB
Back:
Name:  IMG_5593-001.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  39.2 KB

Wheee!
Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.