LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-12-12, 5:09pm
It's about having fun!

Default Make a tool that will make a hole in hot glass, one step, it really works!

I finially did it! I have a simple tutorial available on my Etsy to show you how to make the Boneyard Punch! I'm very excited to share, I know the frustration over trying to make holes in glass, this solves the problem! A lot of you know that if you could solve the issue of making holes, all the sudden you can consider making an array of new things! The tool is pretty easy to make, you won't believe what I used to make it! It's pretty funny! But it works! It works on soft glass and I've seen it used on Boro too!
Have fun!

www.boneyardbobs.etsy.com
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-12, 5:13pm
It's about having fun!

Just a note, we send out the tutorials in the evening, If you order the next few hours you should get it right away! Thank you!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-12, 5:28pm
judejudejude

i received mine about an hour ago. genius. can't wait to buy the tool i need to change. this weekend i will make one and definitely use it on both soft and boro.
i find it easy to make a loop on a boro pendant but some would just look a lot better with a hole made with this new tool.
thanks so much Joni
Old 2011-12-12, 5:41pm
Loving learning

OK, I just ordered on too, hoping it will help me move forward with my lampworking.
Old 2011-12-12, 6:14pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you! I'd love to hear how it goes! I would love to see some of the stuff you make using the tool also!! That would be fun! I was so excited when I figured it out! I wanted so badly to make those holes, I couldn't believe it worked when I made the tool! I'm very happy to share now!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-12, 6:28pm
Loving learning

I think I even have the raw material here, although I need to get the tool to use to alter it.
Old 2011-12-13, 5:17pm
It's about having fun!

That's really cool Eileen! Hope all goes well! ;c)
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-13, 5:18pm
It's about having fun!

DH got home from work and can send out tutorials the next 4 hours if anyone wants one right away. Thank you!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-13, 5:24pm
Who me?

Ingenious! Thank you. I can't wait tomsee you next invention.
Old 2011-12-13, 5:30pm
Meet Molly

Joni, I downloaded my tutorial and I love it! It is very clear with close-up step by step details of what is being done to the clipper tool to make it into a lampwork tool.

Still though, I would like the completed lampwork tool all set & ready. So please let me know how one can order the tool?

Thank you!
Neomi
Old 2011-12-13, 6:03pm
It's about having fun!

Very cool Neomi! Thank you for the kind words! We plan on making a few at a time, we will offer them first to anyone who has bought the tutorial but still wants the tool itself. We will give credit for the tutorial price towards the tool price.
Thank you again, I really appreciate the support!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-13, 6:04pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you Swamper!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-13, 10:52pm

"pre-order" question.....
The tool that you modify ..is it easy to find ?
I don't live in the States.
Happy Holidays
Old 2011-12-14, 8:17am

yup it's easy to find

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-12-14, 10:11pm

Got it, made it, used it! One word.......Coolio! Will have to make another.
Old 2011-12-15, 6:48pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you guys, I appreciate the kind words! I really do. Yes, Nana you shoud be able to get it anywhere.
That's awesome queen, I'm glad you like it! Thank you!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-01-17, 9:15pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Joni,
I won a copy of your tutorial and was finally able to get it and have my son make it for me......WOW, While I was on the torch he brought it out to me to see if he was "finished yet" LOL I gave it a quick try and it was awesome! One try........just ONE try and I had an awesome hole!!! Not 5 or 6 tries but one.......and no black stuff, no yucky edges, nothing!!! You are a genius!!!!
Thank you SO much!! I wish you TONS of business with your wonderful tool!!!!
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-01-22, 12:43pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you Sue!!! I appreciate you letting me know! That's very exciting! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one it worked for! So happy it works for you! I hope you show us what you've done!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-01-25, 8:51pm
Burning Fingers!

Just purchased mine - can't wait for it to arrive!

/
/
/

Old 2012-01-26, 7:49pm
Burning Fingers!

Purchased the tutorial yesterday - it hasn't arrived yet. Just wanted to check that Etsy has let you know about my purchase.
Thanks.

/
/
/

Old 2012-01-26, 7:55pm
It's about having fun!

So,Sorry! I had the DH take me to the stores tonight, we just got home a bit ago! It's on it's way!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-01-26, 11:23pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Joni - just read through the tutorial - that is sooo clever! I have one of the items already, however I use it for it's intended purpose, so will have to get another one.
I have been wanting to try off mandrel work, but wasn't sure how to make the hanging loop or a proper hole, this will solve that problem very nicely.

/
/
/

Old 2012-01-28, 11:27am
Semi Retired

Joni,

I have the tutorial but would like to be put on the waiting list to buy the finished tool from you. Please let me know when available and I will pp you. Thanks.

|

|

|

|

Old 2012-01-28, 11:34am
Mr Brutus RIP

ok, here is my heart with hole. It already sold too!!

This tool is so cool and instead of dreading the hole part I'm not, which is great cause I got a few orders for more! LOL

Perfect hole, no crud around the hole

Thank you Joni!!
Attached Images

Old 2012-02-02, 4:19pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Ordered my tutorial, can't wait to review it.

Just read the tute, and I must say, you must be VERY good at "thinking outside the box"! I would never have thought of this in a million years. Thank you for sharing!

[/b][/i][/font]

Last edited by asimeral; 2012-02-03 at 9:57am.
Old 2012-02-06, 5:11pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

OH: Just a side note: If you are in the SAC area, looking for the main component of this tool, I found it at the .99 Store. Dollar Tree didn't have it.

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2012-02-11, 8:07am
It's about having fun!

Thank you Asimeral! I hope to see what you make! As a side note, I just figured out I could use the tool to make off mandrel beads. They are doughnut shaped but pretty cool! Someone more experienced then me could probably really rock and roll with it!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-02-13, 9:52am
I speak Murrini!

Very cool, Glassmom! It looks like a perfect hole! I've not had the time to try and find the main component yet...hoping that Joni finds time to start making these for purchase soon too - I would definitely buy one in a snap!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-02-25, 2:30pm
I speak Murrini!

BUMP! Hoping to hear from Joni soon...I could SURE use this tool!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-02-25, 9:29pm
It's about having fun!

Hi DeAnne, I just keep procrastinating on making the tool. So much going on...I'm sorry. I'm not sure physically I can make many, that's why I decided to do the tutorial but I still want to give it a try. I will let you all know first when I get some made.
Thank you! Joni

Tags
hole in glass, tool