LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-09-01, 10:12am

Default Sage and Avacodo Opaque? !IngridH?

Hi! Does anyone know how to tell the difference between Sage and Avacodo Effetre? My rods aren't marked and I'm clueless!

How about what to DO with these colors? I've owned one of these for just about forever. I'm thinking maybe !Ingridh, made a beautiful glittery gold color with one of them, but I could be totally confused.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-01, 10:26am
Sheila

It really depends on the batches, but my sage is slightly more brown and the avacado is slightly more green.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-01, 3:31pm

Methinks they are basically the same color... Sage is maybe a shade lighter, but the difference is barely noticeable.

They both react with copper colors (same way as Ivory does) - try them with Turquoise or Copper Green.

|
|
|
Old 2008-09-01, 7:16pm
geekitude on two wheels

I don't find them different enough to buy both, so I just get the avacado & wish it was the same as the avacado they first made - which really was green.
Old 2008-09-01, 8:38pm
Life is change. Love it

I also find it hard to tell the difference and as they both seem to react the same I'm not too bothered

Old 2008-09-02, 2:36pm

Sounds like whatever glass !Ingridh used to make that glittery gold color was not Sage or Avacado. This looks like putty in bead form. I tried more oxy, or more propane and no change. Sarah, thanks for the info about copper reactions. That could be very useful!

Thanks everyone!

Old 2008-09-02, 2:46pm
just plain silly

Angela, I think Ingrid did the sage/avocado explanation over on the WetCanvas forum. Maybe you could do a search and (hopefully) find what you need.

Suzanne
Old 2008-09-02, 4:03pm

Thanks Suzanne, my notes are so vague and so old, I couldn't even tell if it WAS about Sage or Avacado or if I even had the right glass to work with. Sounds like you think it was. I'll give WC a shot.

Old 2008-09-04, 7:30am
Glass-aholic

I love Both!

If I remember sage is slightly less apt to change when worked over a period of time in the flame. Avocado is my favorite!
this bead is ALL avocado, the ends were not worked as long as the middle and the flower is de vinchi

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-09-04, 10:44am
Lover of all things color

Hi all, was going to post something here and then changed my mind. Now I'm getting emails when someting posts to this thread and I can't unsubscribe. Soooo, I'm hoping this post puts the thread under my user cp so I can unsubscribe.

Not that it's not interesting.......LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-09-06, 9:24am
Rare Florida Native

Thanks Sarah for the tip on the reaction with Turq and Copper Green