LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-09-02, 3:09pm

Argh, pricing is so hard. I know there are formulas out there. But I don't know any of them off the top of my head. I think it is labor times 2, plus supplies???
Or you could try this. Would you sell it for say $200.00? Too high? Well how about $20.00? Too low? How about $100.00, too high? How about $ 30.00. Just pick random high/low numbers until you "get" what the right price is for you by how it feels and that's what you would go with. Maybe too "impractical" but might be fun to try, just to see what you come up with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-02, 3:47pm

Found it! I remembered that Dennis Bradey wrote very good information on how to price work in the fusing forum. Well I found the thread. Here it is: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...hlight=pricing
I know there are other formulas out there, but it's one to start with. I especially like what he wrote in the last post of the thread, ie; the 4 most important things he learned.
Hope it helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ziggys; 2008-09-02 at 3:52pm.
Old 2008-09-03, 5:17am
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM View Post
i have seen RA bracelets go for around 65 - 150+ depending on the person selling them. Because i am using seed beads and only 1 lampworking bead. I am just unsure on what to sell them for . i have someone asking for one and i don't know what to tell her

eta - i also don't seel any of my work yet ..... so i don't know where to start
As there is no precious metal and only one handmade bead, material costs are low for your bracelet. You therefore have to determine what your hourly rate is for making this type of bracelet and price accordingly.

Old 2008-09-03, 12:15pm

Storm,

As far as beading wire for your bracelets, I suggest using the largest diameter that you can fit through your beads once. This will ensure that your piece is strong and durable. Our .024 diameter is what we suggest. If .024 diameter is too large, you can step down to .019.

Happy beading!

Old 2008-09-03, 9:35pm
passionate about pets

Thanks everyone.....

I was hoping someone would just tell me how much they (if they didn't know anything about cost of material) would pay for a braclet that looks like this one. I never pay attention while i am making them cause i watch tv while i am doing it I know material cost is low. but the weaving is longer and more tetious that stringing 5 lampwork beads on some wire......i am just unsure....thats all and wanted prices. i guess i will just have to figure it out on my own.

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-09-03, 9:36pm
passionate about pets

SoftFlexGuy - thanks i think that is the one i bought.

*StOrM*

Old 2008-09-16, 11:08am

Hi Storm, I thought of you when looking at a necklace project that uses all different sizes of chain. I printed the picture of the finished necklace and the supplies for it, so I will have the exact sizes and pics to compare to. Thought it might be of interest to you?
http://www.beadingdaily.com/blogs/pr...y-the-sea.aspx
You have to join Beading Daily to download but it seems worth it as there are lots of free projects.

Old 2008-09-16, 11:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftFlexGuy View Post
Storm,

As far as beading wire for your bracelets, I suggest using the largest diameter that you can fit through your beads once. This will ensure that your piece is strong and durable. Our .024 diameter is what we suggest. If .024 diameter is too large, you can step down to .019.

Happy beading!
Thanks from me to. I never know what size to get.

Old 2008-09-16, 8:57pm
passionate about pets

Thanks that will help me figure things out better.......Thanks for thinking of me....

*StOrM*