Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-10-17, 6:38pm

Default Lausha tri colors?

Can someone tell me of a supplier that sells Lausha tri colored rods. I got some at B and B and need more Thanks
Cathie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R-118
Old 2007-10-17, 6:54pm
state-eternal change

lauschalady.com does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-10-17, 6:56pm

Is it a problem shipping it to the U.S?

R-118
Old 2007-10-17, 7:13pm
Lisa

I am sure this is a dumb question but what are Lausha tri colored rods?
Lisa
Old 2007-10-17, 7:36pm
Life is change. Love it

Grace has no problem shipping to the US as far as I know. This is a pic of the tri green as a base
Attached Images

Old 2007-10-17, 7:40pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Wow! Those are lovely Carolyn.

The tri-color brown is probably the only brown I half way like. It reminds me of tortoise shell.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-10-17, 7:50pm

OHHH those are lovely. I have not used them as a base for anything (I'm chicken to mix it with Effetre and I only have the tri colored Lauscha).

Lisa - It is not a dumb questions. It is a rod of glass that it layered. It is a layer of transparent color, white and more color.

Chris - I agree, it is a lovely brown, why aren't other browns this true brown color?

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-10-17, 7:56pm

cool,, I will check out her site ,, I have to try the brown

R-118
Old 2007-10-17, 11:17pm
just plain silly

Irene (Reenie) from www.Flamekissedglass.com has tri colored Lauscha. She has free shipping w/$100 purchase this month I think.

Suzanne
Old 2007-10-18, 2:36am

Thanks Suzanne. Yes I have the tri colored rods in stock.
Carolyn....I would have never thought of flowers on the tri colored colors but those beads are to die for!!!!
You do amazing work ALWAYS!
Irene

Old 2007-10-18, 3:02am
Cherine Perrin Glass

I need to order some more Lauscha tri-color too! Thanks for the info....

Here is a set with Lauscha tri-color brown & orange

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2007-10-18, 4:24am
Rose colored glasses…√

If I remember correctly, this pic is HUGE, but no time to resize...here's the brown and the peach with flowers. The beads themselves are the smallest zoozi lentil. I really like the tri-colors!! If you pull a stringer from the peach, you can use it as your clear layer on flower petals and you get neat concentric circles.
Attached Images

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-10-18, 5:43am
Life is change. Love it

Thanks Irene!

That's good to know Chris. Out of all the tricolours, the peach is the one I've had least use for.

Old 2007-10-18, 6:05am
Rose colored glasses…√

Cool Carolyn!! I'm glad I could give you a use for it!! The tricolor brown also makes a wonderful brown vine cane. I stripe it with intense black, and encase it with clear. I used it on the peach based beads, but you can barely see it in my picture. I'm SERIOUSLY photo challenged, and don't have the desire to do anything about that. Sad, sad, sad...

Old 2007-10-18, 6:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
If I remember correctly, this pic is HUGE, but no time to resize...here's the brown and the peach with flowers. The beads themselves are the smallest zoozi lentil. I really like the tri-colors!! If you pull a stringer from the peach, you can use it as your clear layer on flower petals and you get neat concentric circles.

For the true SIZE on those lentils, I can sit Chrissij's lentils on the fingernail of my index finger. Yes, they're THAT delicate!!! (That's actually a nice photo--gives all the detail you cram onto those tiny little gems!!--now if you had just stuck a dime, or an M&M, or something in there for a size-reference, we'd be all set & you'd be ready to post them for sale somewhere )

Lauschalady/Grace is closing her shop today (10/18/07) for 2 weeks while she moves--so if you're in a rush for the glass, I'd order it from Reenie--she's wonderful!
Grace does ship to the US though--no problem there--and she does have some "exclusive to her" lauscha pinks (she has them made & buys the entire batch) that are absolutely to die for, if you're a pink fan!
(Then, once you order your "gotta have it now tricolor" glass from Reenie, order your "pinks" from Grace when she reopens, Paula D @ FlameDame.com just got in the new Lauscha silvered white glass--I can't remember it's official name--so go pick some of that up too--might as well spread the love around--it's all good, right? That silvered white is just amazing in the beads I've seen! This glass stuff is worse than trading cards!! Gotta have it all!!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-10-18, 8:27am

The peach and the lt. violet I'm not too happy with. pretty colors but they don't stand out like the brown, green, orange or blue.
I made a wonky bead using the blue for the sky and the brown for the landscape...if it didn't break it would have been fairly nice. I'll have to try and recreate it and show some pics.
Thanks for the peach flower and brown vine advice. Going to try that as well.
Keep showing pics...I'm loving this thread!
Irene

Old 2007-10-18, 9:48am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
The peach and the lt. violet I'm not too happy with. pretty colors but they don't stand out like the brown, green, orange or blue.
The light violet is a pretty base for turquoise flowers. I was on a SIGNIFICANT flower kick for awhile. Now I'm on a raised vine, with pulled raised leaves kick. I probably have 100 beads with all the same design in different colors. Hyperfocusing is what happens to me when I take my Adderall.

Old 2007-10-18, 10:31am

We have them too and they make gorgeous beads!! They are on my website

Flamedame.com!

The Vanilla Ice (white with silver is the factory name) that Luna mentioned also rocks. There are all kinds of things that you can do with it and because it's loaded with silver it is really reactive.

Paula

p.s. I love the peach overlay ( we call them overlay colors because that's what the factory calls them) and the violet overlay for wispy backgrounds on romantic floral beads.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-18, 10:32am

That's not being hyperfocused, that's creating a "series"
(or, enough for 10 matching bracelets--what a designer would call a "limited edition of 10" & put special numbered tags on them when selling them!!! You MARKET that & price them accordingly Chris!!!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-10-18, 10:44am

I do that all the time....

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-18, 10:59am

p.s. We are shipping pretty much daily so if you are in the U.S. you can have them fast!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-18, 11:28am

Chris,
What do you mean the light violet is a pretty base for a "turquoise" flower. You've got me curious as to what this is. Are you meaning that you use turquoise on top of this base? Those two combinations just aren't registering together in this brain...Maybe it's just creative block at the moment lol.
Irene
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
The light violet is a pretty base for turquoise flowers. I was on a SIGNIFICANT flower kick for awhile. Now I'm on a raised vine, with pulled raised leaves kick. I probably have 100 beads with all the same design in different colors. Hyperfocusing is what happens to me when I take my Adderall.

Old 2007-10-18, 11:41am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Chris,
What do you mean the light violet is a pretty base for a "turquoise" flower. You've got me curious as to what this is. Are you meaning that you use turquoise on top of this base? Those two combinations just aren't registering together in this brain...Maybe it's just creative block at the moment lol.
Irene
Just like the brown beads with turquoise flowers that I posted. The color combination is quite pretty, at least to me it is.

Old 2007-10-18, 12:28pm
Glass my new Obsession

I love the tri-rods but boy do I have to preheat the fat suckers!
I wish they had them in normal rod diameter.

Old 2007-10-18, 3:02pm

When I brought them into the country earlier this year I bought the smallest ones they had in stock. They only pull them once a year. Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2007-10-18 at 10:08pm.
Old 2007-10-18, 4:08pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Hey, you guys should totally order from Irene. I placed my order this morning and she already shipped it out today. I haven't had that kind of service in a long time. Thanks Irene!

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2007-10-19, 4:47pm
Established Thinker I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
When I brought them into the country earlier this year I bought the smallest ones they had in stock. They only pull them once a year. Paula
Paula~
What is the diameter of the rods you have in stock?

Thanks,
Serena

l
l
l
Old 2007-10-19, 4:49pm
just plain silly

Yeah, that Irene is crazy fast with her shipping. She doesn't give you any time to add to your order

Cherine, love your leaves... which leaf crimper tool did you use that gave such nice ribs?

Suzanne
Old 2007-10-19, 5:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taneres View Post
Paula~
What is the diameter of the rods you have in stock?

Thanks,
Serena

Some are 8-10 mm and some are 10-12 mm.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-19, 6:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEYBUNNY72_99 View Post
I love the tri-rods but boy do I have to preheat the fat suckers!
I wish they had them in normal rod diameter.
You know, this is going to sound weird, I find these fat rods the least shocky of most of the glass. I put those fat suckers into the flame with no preheating. Sometimes an outer layer with fly off, but I have not had the whole thing break into tiny bits of frit and waste the entire rod like some of my favorite handpulled colors.

When I was using my HH I found the melted OK too.

Become a fan on Facebook: