Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-11-14, 8:08pm

Default Input on my new site?

I finally have a full website and not just a single front page. I'd love input on it! I know the image for the "home" button isn't working (something wrong with the host site, it'll be dealt with tomorrow... hopefully), and the link on my "customer work" page isn't working, but everything else seems to be OK at the moment. Thanks in advance for your help!

www.glass-spider.com

Blair
Old 2007-11-14, 9:37pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Lost of other page isn't working for me.
Totally the opposite of what I prefer, I like everything small and tiny,
you go with big sizes here. But I think the site is nice.
Your mermaid bead is amazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-15, 6:10am

Hmm. Interesting. Are you getting any sort of message when the pages don't come up for you? I'm still seeing everything fine...
Old 2007-11-15, 7:23am

Oh! I think I know what you mean. When you click on one of the thumbnail images to see a full size image, then click the button to go back to the thumbnails, the link isn't working. I'm working on fixing that right now, but it'll probably be later this evening before my husband can re-load it.

Thanks for the compliment on my mermaid, by the way! Sorry, I had blinders on earlier, trying to get this site working.
Old 2007-11-15, 7:23am

Every page works fine for me. Not a single problem ( not even for the two pages you've mentionned)
The overall look is great, but with my screen definition (hope it is the right term), I always have to use the scroll botton to see everything and I think it is somewhat a pity.
Some pictures are loosing definition because of the close-up view.
Lots of cool beads and jewelry, very appealing to a customer's eye.

Just in case it could make a difference, I'm on a Mac.
Old 2007-11-15, 7:58am

Everything worked fine for me. I would slightly downsize everything. I think its all a bit too big. But make sure not to go too small. Otherwise its great, very bright, clean, and easy to navigate. Very uncluttered too I hate cluttered up sites where I can't find anything. Good Luck

'Designs that draw attention'~Katie
My Flickr Gallery

Old 2007-11-15, 8:03am

It's not loading at all for me...I've been waiting quite a while now...

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2007-11-15, 9:42am

Thank you all for the tips. Yeah, the number one thing mentioned by most people is to size it down some, so I'll probably work on that some this week. Gotta start somewhere!

Janice, I hope it loads up for you soon! I'm not sure what may be going on there, unless there's something wrong with the host site at the moment...
Old 2007-11-16, 10:26am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Very Nice Job!
Old 2007-11-16, 7:15pm
Hummel factory reject

A couple of suggestions. Your home (index) page should have images of your work. The best place for your artist statement is on the "about me" page. Gallery page should have clickable links of your offerings (beads,jewelry, etc.) in the main window. Pictures again as clickable links. Gallery page doesn't navigate back to your home page. Don't forget to link your website in your siggy line. Best and good luck, lori