Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-06-27, 10:52am

Default Bead Sizing, with Holy Marver?

Ok Guys, I am considering purchasing the Holy Marvers from Bearfoot Art. I am hoping to be able to control my sizing better with these. Does anybody have any input, as to how well, they work? How many use them consistently? Any other helpful suggestions welcome, please, as I dont want to waste any more money. I have to save it for more glass purchase. When you are a beginner, you dont sell right away, so all money is tied up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[
Old 2008-06-28, 3:13pm
Redbearmountain

Hello, I love everything Scott makes! I have his electrical mandrel spinner and I also have his holy marver and it works awesome. I have his rolling marver! Holy marver makes wonderful graduated beads but I use my EMS with this tool also. That might make a difference! Everything I have made with this tool has sold. I think it's worth the money! Jacque Duxbury
Old 2008-06-28, 5:54pm

ok, thank you red bearmountain, and what is EMS? I am new, dont dont know all these abbreviations. And anybody?, how do you like the holy marver's? Use them all the time? And about this EMs, use it consistently?

Nell

[url= "
href="

[
Old 2008-06-28, 10:28pm
Lover of Life

I know that EMS stands for Electric Mandrel Spinner. I have drooled over the EMS page for a long time. One of these days......

Don't have the holy marver (yet) though, so can't help you there.
Old 2008-06-28, 10:57pm
Redbearmountain

Hello, I use the EMS (Electrical Mandrel Spiner) everyday. I have had this wonderful tool for a year now. I can't imagine making a bead with out one! I use the holy marver all the time and his rolling marver they both go with the EMS. Go to Scott's Website www.bearfootart.com click on tools and it will show you this tool and he has video clips on how this tool is used! click on these clips and you will understand what amazing things this tool does. He has a video clip on the holy marver and his rolling marver. Take some time on his site you won't be disappointed! Jacque
Old 2008-06-29, 5:25am

yes, I have been to his site, and the electric mandrel spinner, looks, like it is awesome, only I cant afford that right now. Would love to have it though. And the Holy Marver looked like a great way to help with the perfect sizing of beads, and maybe not waste quite so much glass, having one bead just a little bigger, or smaller than the other. I am picky, when it come to things matching, perfectly. It says at his site there is a delay, if you order directly from him. I clicked on some of the distributor sites, and had trouble find the tools. So I guess I will have to order directly from his site, and wait, the 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks you guys, for your feedback. I am going to order today. And maybe SANTA, can get my EMS for me, later.

Nell

[url= "
href="

[
Old 2008-06-29, 8:50am
Redbearmountain

Hello, I don't think you will be sorry! I made beads three years before I discovered the EMS. Wow, what a difference! Now, I also bought a creation station for my arms to rest on. With the combination of these two items I can torch for hours comfortably. Well worth the money to me now I don't get cramped up your arms and wrist don't hurt or get tired at all. My production is 3 to 5 times what it was with this amazing tool. But I do alot of trade shows and pow-wows and I neeed alot of beads. This EMS paid for itself the first show I did after I received it. Enjoy your Holy Marver, I would like to have all his tools. LOL Torch On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jacque