Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-05-23, 1:57pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningOnFumes View Post
Yes please share the info.... especially about the relay system
That post is from 3 1/2 years ago. I don't think Unlimited Oxygen is around any more.

If you google High Volume Oxygen I know you will find one system that does what they are describing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2016-05-23, 2:06pm
Phill

I have seen it proposed to use two or even three 'K' tanks together and only filling them to 1200 or 1500 pounds per square inch.

That gets you the volume a single 'K' tank with out the expense of forcing that last 1000 pounds into a tank already pressurized to 1500 psi.
Old 2016-07-23, 5:46pm

I think ALOT of people have the wrong idea about oxygen..... OXYGEN IS NOT FLAMMABLE.........oxygen does not react with hydrocarbons like grease to ignite UNLESS UNDER HIGH PRESSURE........if I take a room with 100% oxygen at atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psi ...............what will happen if I light a match in such a room.........will I catch on fire or explode..........NO ..........NO IT WONT..............what will happen is instead of a 1 inch flame on your match .............you will get a 1.3 inch flame on your match.............that's it ............I am an old man and I have NEVER heard of an explosion cause of oxygen tanks..........don't get me wrong I know they happen cause they are under high pressure...........but so do furnaces...........sometimes they blow up............but its so seldom that it happens...........I am not going to not have a furnace cause there is a one in a billion chance it could blow up...........same with propane ...........people on some of these threads act like they are afraid they will blow up from propane tanks.........how many people do you know that got blown up from there propane grill from normal use...........I don't know any..............what are you people doing to your tanks to make you afraid.......are you hitting them with hammers or jumping on them....you have a better chance to die in the bathroom.........and how can you have a tank pressurized at 2000 psi of oxygen and then turn around and say having a compressor where you can compress it down to only 100 or 200 psi is to dangerous for people to have...........cause if you make it at home you don't need 2000 psi pressure........the only reason a person puts 2000 psi in a tank is cause he buys it and doesn't want to lug the tank back and forth more often.......how can you say its so dangerous to have a compressor compress oxygen down to a very low psi of 100 or 200 psi while you have tanks where you bought 2000 psi oxygen ?????????????? IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS SAFER TO COMPRESS OXYGEN DOWN TO 100 - 200 psi and not lug a tank around and have tank tied down at ALL times...............than it is to own a tank that you transport around and buy 2000 psi of oxygen .........doesn't it???????????