Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-12-08, 9:42am

Default Florida, Anyone?

EDIT: Scroll down for more details (post #35)!

I can't go into specifics yet, but I'm officially starting a rumor that I might be teaching a few classes in Florida in late July '09, the week before the ISGB gathering (which is also in Florida).

Yes, I mean the Florida that's in THE UNITED STATES!

More details coming soon - in the meantime, I'm trying to get a feel for how much demand there would be. Let me know if you might be interested?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Last edited by sarah_hornik; 2009-01-02 at 7:26pm. Reason: update
Old 2008-12-08, 10:49am

LOL How much demand? Surely you jest, I'm guessing there will be fighting over getting in this class. I think you should pass out numbers, and I posted first!

Old 2008-12-09, 10:00am

I would definitely be interested. I live in the Tampa Bay area, and would love to take a class with you. I love your Think Pink tutorial. Please let me know if you make it happen.

Thanks,
Sherry
Old 2008-12-09, 12:33pm
Celebrating Passion

Yay! I am planning to attend the ISGB gathering too!
I hope we get some time to say HI!

Old 2008-12-09, 12:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by artic^wolf View Post
I think you should pass out numbers, and I posted first!
You get to be the teacher's pet then!

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-09, 12:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaM View Post
Yay! I am planning to attend the ISGB gathering too!
I hope we get some time to say HI!
Woohoo! That would be awesome!

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-09, 7:03pm

I would be interested in a class...why not....I was planning on going to the ISGB also..

Old 2008-12-11, 9:06pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

I would love to take the class- God I hope the economy gets better I live in South Florida and would hate to pass it up!!!! I love your work!!!!

Old 2008-12-12, 3:14pm
offically down under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
You get to be the teacher's pet then!
HEY! I thought I was the teacher's pet. LOL

Seriously, if any of you have a chance to take Sarah's classes, I would highly recommend them. While her Think Pink Tut. is great, NOTHING beats a live, genuine class. Sarah has beautiful class notes that accompany each day's theme and her techniques are awesome. Start saving the pennies now so you can go!

Old 2008-12-13, 7:03am
Nature Coast

ME TOO! I live in central Florida and you're classes at the top of my list!

Old 2008-12-13, 7:12am
paminmd

Default Me too!

I live in Maryland, but my son is in school in Central Florida. What a good excuse to visit him AND take a class with Sarah!

I'm in !
Pam
Old 2008-12-13, 1:27pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I never been into any kind of gathering or meeting and stuff like that, for ISGB gathering, do you have to be a member to attend the gathering?

I'm very interested in attending and taking classes.

Old 2008-12-18, 6:43am
Living out Loud

I would love to take one of your classes.

Old 2008-12-18, 4:09pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

ME ME ME!!! Count me in!

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2008-12-20, 7:19am

I'm running to your class! I don't care how hot it is in July! I'm all in!

Piranha, 5 lpm Oxy Con & Propane
Hot Head (its what started all this)
Old 2008-12-20, 9:43am

Uh yeah, I would so be there!

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2008-12-20, 7:36pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Awe man, I would LOVE to take a class with you Sarah!!! Maybe my kids and dh could all chip in for an early birthday pressy!!! I'll have to start buggin them!! LOL

Karenbeth I just love your kitty avitar.....LOL

Old 2008-12-21, 10:11am

Yes! I'll be there! where? when?
Old 2008-12-21, 10:26am

I would love to come to Florida for a class with you!!
Old 2008-12-21, 11:37am

Any idea "where" in Florida??? My parents live in Kissimmee, and I might be able to make arrangements. With the exception of a beginner's class, I'm pretty much self-taught, and am interested in some real instruction!!!! I love your work!

Old 2008-12-22, 12:06pm

Yay!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-12-22, 6:18pm
Fusing Glass

ME!!!!!
Old 2008-12-23, 3:44pm
Pyro Tyro

I would. I live in Florida... SOUTH Florida... and I have a sleep sofa!

- Jill

Old 2008-12-27, 12:03pm

I'd Love to take a class with you too.
MarieAnn
Old 2008-12-28, 8:10am

Default fl class

I live in Ganesville area and have spare room.... but am in the hobbyist catagory vs. artist. Could I audit the class?
Old 2008-12-28, 8:16am

Thank you all for your responses! The details are still being discussed, but as soon as I have some more concrete info I'll post it here.

Pssst... looks like I'll be visiting California as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moushka View Post
but am in the hobbyist catagory vs. artist. Could I audit the class?
Yes - I don't teach complete beginners, but if you have experience with basic beadmaking techniques, you should be fine.

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-28, 8:27am

Talking class

I am beyond basics.... but round beads are still a happy surprise. i make a lot of pendants because duplications on purpose are beyond me. i just love glass and am thrilled when i get torch time.
Old 2008-12-28, 11:32am

I would love to take your class!!!!!!! I currently live in South Carolina and could drive or fly to Fla. I am also planning to relocate back to Cali in about six months to be near my daughters so that would be good too! Wow am I lucky cuz I didn't think I would be traveling to your neck of the woods and really wanted a chance to take a class with you> Thanks a Million!!! Thai (newbie)
Old 2008-12-28, 2:22pm
DSDWC

You should contact Ron at R4 Glass studio in Cocoa Beach. Its about 5 hrs north of Miami. Nice teaching studio and wonderful hosts.

Old 2008-12-28, 2:37pm
Jan and Quincy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Cornette View Post
You should contact Ron at R4 Glass studio in Cocoa Beach. Its about 5 hrs north of Miami. Nice teaching studio and wonderful hosts.
What Trey says is so true! And me TOO! I want a class spot! I'm in West Palm Beach! And I have a guest room and live close to the beach! 80-85 degree crystal clear aquamarine water . . .

Oh, BTW, Ron is about 2-2 1/2 hours north of me and the hotel in Miami where the Gathering is going to be is about 1 hour 20-30 minutes south.

Lives with professional Hunny Berder.

Last edited by GlassGourd; 2008-12-28 at 2:41pm. Reason: adding the "BTW" part