Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-04-21, 8:31am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Default What size tubing do I need to do this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-04-21, 8:53am
Borovangelist

You might be able to pull it off with something like 44. 50'd go quicker though.

|
|
Old 2012-04-23, 7:40am
the german guy

30mm
Old 2012-04-23, 7:50am
ManBearPig

Anything in the 26-32mm range would be fine.

Old 2012-04-23, 7:52am

Funny you should post this Debbie my mom bought me one of these with some air plants in them and ask if I could reproduce them. I thought they would be a great way to practise blowing larger pieces without the pressure of getting it perfect.

Old 2012-04-23, 8:31am
ManBearPig

What torch are you working on Debbie?

Old 2012-04-28, 12:41pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I am on a scorpion. I played with the design last night using 10MM med wall jut to get a feel for it. I think I can pull this off.

I am going to try and make them for my stepdaughter's reception for the tables. I need to order some 30mm

Old 2012-04-28, 1:40pm
I speak Murrini!

Ooo, how neat Debbie! I wish you the best of luck on this project...can't offer any help 'cuz I'm a soft glass gal, but would love to see how you do so I hope you'll post pics!

Also, if you find you end up with "extra" ones, I'd love to buy a couple!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-04-30, 5:43am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
I am on a scorpion. I played with the design last night using 10MM med wall jut to get a feel for it. I think I can pull this off.

I am going to try and make them for my stepdaughter's reception for the tables. I need to order some 30mm
What size is the finished piece going to be?

Old 2012-05-01, 12:33am
the german guy

thats the most important question, id say you could make it out of a variety of different dimater tubing but if its 50mm then i would use 30 or 34
Old 2012-05-01, 9:13am

You could probably make this out of 10mm or 50mm or anything in between depending on how you approach it. Lots of ways to make a blown sphere.
Old 2012-05-01, 10:21am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
What size is the finished piece going to be?
The size of the piece I posted is 3.5". I am not sure mine will be that big.

I just want the look of those to put little trinkets into.

Old 2012-05-02, 8:30am
the german guy

wht is " ?

i get all confused with u not using mm

(is it inch??)
Old 2012-05-02, 9:35pm

Yup its an inch, one inch equals 25 mm