Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-04-22, 10:30pm
Glass-aholic

Default Press and Bead roller brand comparison thread (basic shapes)

I'd like to start a thread about this because I know my don't roller is not the equivalent to other brands out there. It's more disc than donut, and my pillow press is more a kalera.. Which I never knew until years later... So I thought I'd start a thread to compare and talk about. I'll start lol

I have a 'mikes brass for glass' Pillow press (trio). I got a different size zoozii's pillow and realized that It is more comparable to the 'kalera' in that brand than a pillow. The pillow in zoozii's is more square !

Bead roller: I got the divardi donut / barrel bead roller that has like a zillion cavities and is $18.50. Awesome deal and I love it. But I'm looking at say CG bead rollers and the donut shape I get from divardi seems to be almost closer to a disc roller. But in all honesty I have not bought and compared it yet. Maybe someone will do a swap with me on a temp basis to find out....

Pics I'm sure would be helpful and maybe dimensions.. I'll see what I can dig up for tomorrow..
What have you all found ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2014-04-22 at 10:38pm.
Old 2014-04-22, 10:52pm
Slogan Challenged...

I have that Devardi roller too, more like donut rondelles, but I find I like it that way! I'm bummed they are already out of stock on some of those new ones...

Facebook:

Etsy: