Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-08-27, 11:49pm
I speak Murrini!

Oooo, you peeked at mine? Thanks so much for the great banners, and the nice words. I went right to this one...it just called out to me! And something about the black and white, and those cool, "floaty" images - perfect!

If you could've seen me - hitting every possible button in PS trying to figure out how to make it take my name, change the color and line it up - you would have been hysterical!!! It's a miracle, I tell ya, a miracle!

You're wonderful!
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-08-28, 2:16pm
FreeAssociatesVeryFreely

those are delightful... thanks so much... now, if i can figure out how to use them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-28, 2:46pm

Nivedita, I am seriously computer challenged. Save it to your picture file. Go to a photo editing site. I use Picnik and it's not hard at all. Download your banner and go to it. You can add all sorts of words and pictures. Then save it to your files. When you go to Etsy, you just pick that "photo" in your files.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-29, 8:49am

Wow,
Thanks a lot for these.
I am going to get one put up tonight!
Old 2008-08-29, 10:51am
Empress of Fire & Wire

Janet look at my mine!!! Simple, but me likie!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5183028

Old 2008-08-29, 11:46am
Dazed and Confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelilyone View Post
Janet look at my mine!!! Simple, but me likie!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5183028
How pretty is that!!! I love seeing what banner everyone chooses and how they make them their own!

Very nice!
Old 2008-08-29, 10:24pm
One Crazy Mama

hehehe I grabbed one for a new store me and my girls will be opening very very soon

want a sneak peek??

http://GrandCandles.etsy.com

Old 2008-08-30, 8:09am
Dazed and Confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesfamily View Post
hehehe I grabbed one for a new store me and my girls will be opening very very soon

want a sneak peek??

http://GrandCandles.etsy.com
Great coloring! I really like it alot.

Now I am going shopping for candles!
Old 2008-08-30, 11:23am

I love seeing everyone's banners and I envy your skill Janet at making them. They look like they would be fun.
Where do you find the graphics?

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2008-08-30, 8:19pm
Dazed and Confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna T. View Post
I love seeing everyone's banners and I envy your skill Janet at making them. They look like they would be fun.
Where do you find the graphics?
Most of the graphics were designed and built by me with custom brushes in Photoshop. The other graphics were pulled from royalty-free artwork and reworked into the banner designs.

I have a blast doing it...its what I do while watching tv in the evenings.
Old 2008-08-30, 8:36pm

Janet thanks so much for sharing these. I hope your doing better.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2008-08-31, 5:14am
I'm not Barbie.

Janet, these are great thanks! It would be fun to make them, if I knew how! I love to doodle with things.

Last edited by fyrebeadz*; 2009-05-10 at 5:19am.
Old 2008-09-01, 10:49am
Pugs rule

I chose this one. Love it and Thank you!!

Old 2008-09-12, 1:07pm

Well, how nice is that?!!!! They are so cool!
Thank you.
Peggy

Peggy
The Glass Chef
Old 2008-09-12, 2:42pm
I need more boro stuff

OMG Thank you, Janet.
They all pretty... which one should I choose?

Old 2008-09-12, 3:04pm
I need more boro stuff

I decided on this one: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5261826

What do you think?

Old 2008-09-16, 1:11pm
HourGlass Studio

Thanks Janet. I grabbed a couple because I couldnt decide which I liked best. Going to play with them later.
Old 2008-09-20, 8:29pm

Hey Janet, Hope you're feeling better soon! These banners are fantastic-I grabbed the one with the eye (Idzyne=I/Eye Design). Will play with it soon. Thanks for making these! Take care of yourself!

Old 2008-09-21, 7:08am
szglassy

Wow Janet. Seeing all of these banners must be truly rewarding. It's like selling beads and seeing the finished product being worn and enjoyed by someone.

All of your good efforts will come back to you 2 fold and speed up your healing.

Good Karma

Thank you!

Sue
Old 2008-09-21, 7:32am
One of the Booger 7

Janet -- any chance you would do one with a theme in mind . . . you know --the twisted chicken . . . i have a logo but will have to ask the husband to see i if i can send it to you somehow . . . would be happy to pay -- just not computer graphically inclined!

thanks -- maybe that would inspire me to get the etsy store going!

leslie

Old 2008-09-21, 4:23pm
OBA-Official Bead Addict

thanks for the banners Janet, from Janet....great name btw!! I like to change mine from time to time too!

Old 2008-09-21, 5:21pm

Thank you.... I have not opened an Etsy store yet. I went to start and I was asked about a banner.... I quit.... Now I can move forward and see what other stumbling blocks I hit.

Thanks again!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2008-09-22, 10:03am
Dazed and Confused!

I have more banners to upload, but I need electricity to get on my other computer...&%$@ Hurricane Ike!

Hopefully by this coming weekend the lights will be on!
Old 2008-09-22, 10:27am

Wow, Janet!!! Thanks!

The rainbow one will be perfect for the store I've been slooooowly setting up to sell "Pride" jewellery

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2008-09-22, 6:20pm

Great worl that you have done. I would love to get one with wind movements in it. So off to the photo shop to see what I can do with some clouds and breezes.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-09-27, 8:10pm

Thanks so much Janet !! I didn't know I was that savy and could figure out how to edit this !! Below is my new Banner for Etsy.
~~

Old 2008-10-23, 1:05pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Wow Janet, that is so nice of you to do this.
I have a question does anyone out there know how to take my current banner and insert it into one of these. I'd love to use the last one on the first page. It's the hot pink one. Here's my regular banner, and I'd love the use the hot pink one for a background. Can't quite figure it out though.

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-11-06, 8:08pm

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but it's about banners and I thought this was as good a place as any to put.

Janet you have inspired me to yet another addiction. They are fun to do while watching tv. I finally got my son to give me a mini tut and I was off! I can't stop making them and I keep changing my Etsy banner every day. Heck, every hour.
Watcha think?
Attached Images

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2008-11-11, 3:34pm

Default I have a picture I want to use for banner but...

Hi,
I have a picture that I want to use for my etsy shop banner but don't know how to add my shop's name on it. Can you help me?
I don't have photoshop. I have a Mac.

Thanks

Last edited by ecogeneration; 2008-11-11 at 3:45pm.
Old 2009-04-08, 8:53pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

WOW those are all AWESOME banners Janet!!!!! Can you help me make one....
I want to use my cat with the sunglasses, I would love to change it to something snazzy with my cat. I only have the paint program and needless to say I can't work it!!!!! Please design me one that will work in my etsy and I will send you a special bead!!!!!