Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-03-28, 4:06am

Default Frit Beads from TFG BOC Frit Challenge

Here are some of the latest batch of frit beads to go out to BOC! I'm really excited about the ongoing participation in this program. Thanks guys! The kiddos will LOVE these beads
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-03-28, 4:08am

But wait! There's more!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-03-28, 7:01am

Wow, so many beautiful colors! How will they ever pick just one?

Old 2011-03-28, 8:52am
dances with ideas...

That's fun to see. Thanks Leslie! Hope to get some to you soon.

Old 2011-03-28, 3:25pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Leslie, those top beads are beautiful but they're not mine. I'd hate to take credit for someone else's hard work. Besides, I owe you another batch right now.
Hopefully the artist will speak up when she/he sees these.

Everyone did some amazing work, thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 2011-03-29, 8:42am

Oh crud, Astrid! They were with your card! I had such a pile...
Ok... time to edit a bit...
Well Astrid, the beads that you didn't make sure were pretty!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-04-05, 6:39am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Oh crud, Astrid! They were with your card! I had such a pile...
Ok... time to edit a bit...
Well Astrid, the beads that you didn't make sure were pretty!
I agree.
I think they're beautiful. I don't know how you keep up with it all honestly, I'd lose my mind!

Old 2011-09-24, 5:28pm

I'm sorry that I've been so bogged down lately but I'm finally getting the latest batch of BOC bead pictures taken from my frit challenge. As I get the photos processed I'll post them here as well as on my website. GREAT job, guys!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 5:30pm

Default She Gathers Rain

This set is from Patricia Kloetsch and used "She Gathers Rain."
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 5:32pm

Default Fall Harvest

This set was done using "Fall Harvest" and was done by Patricia Kloetsch.
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 5:40pm

Looking good!

I've seen kids take a very long time to select that one bead. They usually go through them carefully, narrowing down the choice to a select few, sometimes asking mom or dad for input, then pick out that special bead. If you come back months later they will tell you about how they earned each AoC bead. It'll change your outlook on life.

Robert
Old 2011-09-24, 6:27pm

Default Be Wary of the Wildwood

Patty made a set using "Be Wary of the Wildwood." Great job, Patty!!!

Robert, that's so true! I've heard that sometimes the kiddos will even pick out the wonkies or fruglies because that particularly described that treatment or feeling at the time. I'm so thankful that we finally got the program at my hospital!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 8:21pm

Default Peacocks in Full Bloom

Here is a set that Patty made sporting "Peacocks in Full Bloom." Patty, the kiddos are going to love them!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 8:27pm

Wow Leslie - you made my beads look so glamorous!

Sure hope the kids like them .. I had a blast making them.

And big thanks to you for sponsoring such a wonderful program!
Old 2011-09-24, 10:00pm

Default Kalera's Romance Blend

Patty also tested "Kalera's Romance Blend" for the kiddos....
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 10:19pm

Default Mocha Dreams

"mocha Dreams" is another frit that Patty tested for me and the kiddos. Incredible work, Patty!

Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 10:33pm

Default Just Berried

Here is a set made with IMJ-CB-046 "Just Berried" tested by Patricia Kloetsch. More beads for the kiddos!!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-24, 10:49pm

Default Pandora

Our final installment from Patty Kloetsch uses "Pandora" - IMJ-CB-029 - as a test frit. Patty, thank you for all of your incredibly hard work and all of the time that you put in to these beads!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 5:15am

Default Beata Gillis

Beata tested "Mocha Dreams" for me and got some rocking color from the frit. The kiddos will love playing with these! The bases that she used are listed on my FB page.
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 5:17am

Default Michelle Viezaga

Michelle Veizaga sent in a whole ton of beautiful, colorful beads for the kiddos! When I opened the package ans the sun hit the beads it was like looking at a mini-rainbow. Thank you for all of your hard work and invested time, Michelle!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 5:19am

Here are the rest of Michelle's beads, as well as a "family picture."
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 7:25am

Default Terry Henry

Terry Henry sent in a bunch of beads, many using glow glass. One really cool Saturn shattered in transit, but her other Saturn survived. Cool work Terry!

She knew that the Saturn probably can't go to a kiddo, but might ba able to be used for one of the other projects.
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 7:27am

And the rest of Terry's beadies....
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 7:28am

Default That Frit Girl

And here are my latest frit test beads....
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-25, 8:59am

Default Kim Bastow

Kim sent in a handfull of really colorful beads for the kiddos as well as three fabulous fish with great big lips! The kids will go wild for those!!!!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...