Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-03-10, 7:47pm
Sam I Am

Default Nina "Sam" Hibler - Dallas/Grapevine Texas

3 one day workshops at Wired Up Beads

April 15 th Twist and Shout
This one day workshop is all about twisted cane and the beautiful beads you can make with them. Students will learn how to make several complex twisted canes Latticino, Reticello and Zanfirico. You will be amazed at the cane you will pull in this workshop. The next step will be to use them to make some spectacular beads. We will make encased beads and disks with the canes made in the workshop. This is a fun workshop and the techniques presented have endless possibilities for you beads.
Techniques in this workshop:
Twisted Cane
Encasing
Disks
Heat Control

April 16 th Floral Beads
Love to stop and smell the flowers? This is an intensive one day workshop. You will learn to "grow a garden" right on your beads. We will start with simple dot flowers and encased plunge/bubble flowers. Students will learn make petal and vine stringer which they will use to "paint" raised flowers on the surface of their beads. We will learn to lay down the landscape of your garden with foils and dichroic glass to make beads with depth and interest. The final bead will be encased in clear and include all the beautiful elements we have learned throughout the day.

April 17 th Sculptural Flowers
Come join Sam Hibler for a day of sculpting with fire! She will be letting you in on the secrets of the making fabulous flowers featured in her award-winning necklaces.This will be an intense full day workshop covering many techniques that students will be able to add to their glass work repertoire. Students will learn to sculpt three-dimensional flowers of several types. Sam will also teach shaping and a variety of ways to attach petals for functional use with shanks and loops. In this class, you will develop your heat control skills and learn some new glass color combinations.

For more information and pictures
WUB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-11, 2:34pm
Ooohhh! Shiny!

I'm already signed up for the classes on the 15th and the 16th. Can't wait!

Karen
Old 2011-03-12, 8:00pm
Sam I Am

Great Karen
Looking forward to Teaching at WUB. We are going to have a great time and make some beautiful beads.
Sam

Old 2011-03-20, 8:30pm
Sam I Am

I just dropped off some sculptural flower beads with Patti this weekend. Hope you got to see them at the GBS meeting. If not she has them at WUB so you can see what we will be making in Sundays class.

Old 2011-04-06, 7:56pm
Sam I Am

Patti just posted the encased beads I sent her on her website.
They are a little sampling of what we will do on Saturday.
She took a great picture!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Sam
Attached Images

Old 2011-04-16, 8:24pm
Ooohhh! Shiny!

Terrific classes Sam! Thanks so much!
Old 2011-04-18, 8:32pm
Sam I Am

Thank you Karen you did a great job. I think everyone made pretty beads!
WUB is such a fun place to teach! I enjoyed meeting everyone! See you in September.
Let Patti know what workshops you would like!
Sam