Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-03-08, 6:56am

Hi Portia! Will the WigWag class be in the evening after our class or do you mean Saturday 3/19? If its in the evening on 3/12 I would be interested!

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone and learning some of Astrid's secrets! I'm kind of in a rut so this class should be perfect timing! See you all in a few days!

Jennifer
Old 2011-03-08, 7:21am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Just to elaborate a little on what Portia said. If we do a single day class on Saturday the 19th of March we will incorporate some of the techniques from day 1 of the 2 day classes and add the wigwags to the techniques. which means pleated beads, silver murrini, enamels and the addition of the wigwag.

My bags are packed and ready I have about 6kg of beads tools etc I think I am a bit crazy, if I run out of clothes to wear I can buy some

See you all soon
Astrid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-03-08, 7:39am

Safe Travels Astrid and everyone.

We'll see ya'll at Portia's!!

Best

Bette
Old 2011-03-08, 3:10pm

Astrid and Guests, Portia asked me to check for glass exhibits in Chicago for Monday, 3/14 and there is nothing listed on google. However, you and others might like to see the Art Institute. It is open from 10:30-5 that day and there is a nice restaurant in the museum. Tickets are $18, $12 for seniors. Does that interest you? Anyone else? We could meet at 10:15 outside the museum to get in line for tickets. Guests at hotels in Naperville could take the train from Naperville to Chicago and take a taxi to the museum.
Diana

Last edited by Lady Di; 2011-03-08 at 4:13pm.
Old 2011-03-08, 4:29pm

Default Monday in the City

Thanks Di for checking on the Art Institute! We will all plan to meet at the Art Institute for those in both classes and for any Chicago Folk who just want to hang out with Astrid. I plan to join the museum since it is somewhere I would enjoy going back and enjoying again. If you join, you can take a guest, so that may be good for the locals. The art Institute has a glass paperweight permanent exhibit, which is very interesting and inspirational. Lots of great, not to miss exhibits as well. We can decide how long we want to stay and then go from there. Di is researching the rest of the day and we can decide what and where we want to go from there. Lunch etc~~~ Chicago is a great town, and we will promise to have a great time there~ There were so many great suggestions earlier in the family room,... so much to see and do and Di is an expert getting around on the metra in the city!
Portia

Old 2011-03-08, 4:59pm

I guess I'm a little confused about what the Saturday, 3/19 class is all about. Will wigwags be part of the 2-day classes?

Kathie

Kathie

Old 2011-03-08, 5:28pm
Addicted to Frit!!!

Hi All,

I just spoke with Portia and she wanted me to pass along that they're also going to see the musical 'Hair' on Sunday evening after class. If you'd like to go you can purchase your tickets from TicketMaster.

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Last edited by rkoza; 2011-03-08 at 5:36pm.
Old 2011-03-08, 7:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5336 View Post
I guess I'm a little confused about what the Saturday, 3/19 class is all about. Will wigwags be part of the 2-day classes?

Kathie
I would also like to know if wig wag will be taught in the 2-day class. If not, could Astrid demo the technique?

Candace

Minor
Old 2011-03-08, 9:54pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

I think we can incorporate it, but we will take a look at it when I am there.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-03-09, 8:11am

Robin

What time is the show on Sunday night? I would hate to be rushing out of the class just to get to a show on time. Also is there any way possible to get of list of people who would want to go to the show and buy a block, rather than us all being scattered around the theatre?

Look forward to meeting you and a great weekend !

Nohline
Old 2011-03-09, 8:40am

Hi. Does anyone know what time the classes are on SA/SU March 12-13th?

Bette
Old 2011-03-09, 10:14am
Addicted to Frit!!!

Hi Nohline,

I believe the show is at 7:30pm. I think it's the only show that evening. I know Portia already has her seats so the rest of you who would like to go could call TicketMaster to get a block of seats.

For those that are interested, if you follow the link I posted above, there is a seating chart and price ranges for tickets. If you get a few people together a block of seats would be a great idea.

Looking forward to meeting you all for a fabulous weekend,
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohline View Post
Robin

What time is the show on Sunday night? I would hate to be rushing out of the class just to get to a show on time. Also is there any way possible to get of list of people who would want to go to the show and buy a block, rather than us all being scattered around the theatre?

Look forward to meeting you and a great weekend !

Nohline

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2011-03-09, 11:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by many.facets View Post
Hi. Does anyone know what time the classes are on SA/SU March 12-13th?

Bette
I believe class is 10-6 Sat and Sun.

Minor
Old 2011-03-09, 11:44am

I know Jeannie and I would be interested in going. Anyone else want to join in and I can book a block. Any price guidlines you would want me to stick to? Let me know as soon as possible please. Jeannie and I will have a car, so we are also mobile and not dependant on a taxi for those who want to ride along.

Thanks
Nohline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoza View Post
Hi Nohline,

I believe the show is at 7:30pm. I think it's the only show that evening. I know Portia already has her seats so the rest of you who would like to go could call TicketMaster to get a block of seats.

For those that are interested, if you follow the link I posted above, there is a seating chart and price ranges for tickets. If you get a few people together a block of seats would be a great idea.

Looking forward to meeting you all for a fabulous weekend,
Robin
Old 2011-03-09, 11:48am

OK - checked out the seats and the decent ones are $96.70 each. A guide line on price. In the city at 7:30 pm. I would assume it takes about 30-45 minutes to get into town on a Sunday night. That leaves an hour to change after class and get something to eat.

Let me have your thoughts folks.

Thanks
Nohline
Old 2011-03-09, 12:25pm

Hi Nohline,

Holy cow! I didn't realize it was so much for tickets! Being from Arizona, I guess I am not used to big city prices.

Having said that... If we are going to go, I at least want a decent seat. If you want to go Nohline, I'll go too.

Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2011-03-09, 12:45pm

They are kind of expensive aren't they. Maybe we should just go out for a nice dinner instead?
Old 2011-03-09, 5:40pm

Default Things to do and see in Chicago

Okay, I'll weigh in here.

Although doing something 'on the town' like seeing the musical Hair sounds like fun, I would rather be with friends than just being in the same location. So I had decided not to go and do dinner if anyone else wasn't going to the musical.

Monday I'm still waiting for what the group decides to do. I have the flexibility of driving home later in the day, but the whole point is usually to hang out with the teacher and the rest of the class, so I decided to 'wait and see' since I was getting no where with 'plans'.

If it's a warm, sunny day in Chicago, I thought the Millenium Park looked interesting and apparently there's a bunch of sculpted pieces in Grant Park http://chicago-outdoor-sculptures.bl...rant-park.html which is bordered by the Art Museum. And of course lunch and dinner as well.

Candace, Nohline and Jeanne don't forget to bring a coat ya here? Cold and windy down near the lakefront.

See you all soon!

Bette
Old 2011-03-09, 6:07pm

Hi Bette,

You make a good point about being with the group and being able to talk and socialize. If we are at the musical, we can't do that.

Are you here Nohline? What do you think? If you haven't purchased tickets, I vote for a dinner.

Thanks for the warning about the cold weather. I already have my BIG coat and gloves ready to go.

Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2011-03-09, 6:37pm

Hey everyone! I have to work on Monday so will be driving home Sunday night I would, however like to have dinner before the long drive. A nice dinner with friends sounds like fun to me! So count me in, please. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Jennifer
Old 2011-03-09, 8:22pm

Hi Bette,

Thanks... I am just hoping that it doesn't snow. Winter coat is ready to go. Been keeping an eye on the weather.

Minor
Old 2011-03-09, 10:42pm

Hi Bette

Yes winter coat is out; as are long johns. still have to find the gloves! It was a BEAUTIFUL day here today - 82 - I now have to wrap my head around the cold again!

Dinner sounds like far more fun to me as well. Then Monday is wait and see and go with the flow.

Sorry this is so late - was at a silver clay class learn to make BHB in silver !
Fun!

See ya all on Friday - we are going to have fun!
Old 2011-03-10, 7:09am
grama punky - class junky

Hi everyone, I havent had a chance to check in for a bit.. I am so excited! I will be starting my trek toward naperville tonight via an overnight stay in madison. Will be checking in late tomorrow afternoon at the hampton. Unfortuneately I have to leave right after class on sunday but am looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe trip everyone!

Old 2011-03-10, 4:44pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

I'm leaving from Des Moines on Friday morning! Ya-hoo!!!

Couple questions (if these questions have been answered already, please forgive me).

Should I bring glass?
Are the classes 10-6 on Saturday and Sunday?
Is everyone as excited as all out!!!!

Smiles,
Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2011-03-10, 5:00pm

Hi Wendy,

No, to the bringing glass.
I think so, on the time of 10-6
YES!!!! On the are we all excited!!

See everybody there,
Jeannie

Old 2011-03-10, 7:12pm

Oh man am I excited - Can't wait for the class. Have pulled a long one at work today and so I am clear through the 21st - yeah! This is like a mini vacation - no kid and no DH to clean up after!
See ya all tomorrow.
Safe travels.
Nohline
Old 2011-03-11, 6:02pm

Good news, bad news! Astrid is needing to reschedule because of visa issues, but will be coming shortly, as soon as her visa is sorted out! More news to follow as soon as we know! It will be a week or so before we know the dates. Astrid say to tell you, so sorry about the inconvenience!

Old 2011-03-12, 7:13am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I have sent a message to all of you who were on Portias mail list, should there be anyone that has not received a mail from me, please send me a pm with you email address so I can send the message to you too. Or email me directly at: astrid@eject.co.za

Kind regards
Astrid

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-03-12, 10:55am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I want to tell you all how incredibly much I appreciate the kindness and the understanding and compassion you have shown me. It has moved me to tears and I hope that I can sort things out so that I can make it up to all of you.

Astrid

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-03-16, 2:22pm

Hi Astrid! I just saw your newest blo post! I'm so happy for you that this nightmare is finally over!

Guess what everybody? Astrid's VISA got APPROVED!!!! I'm hoping and praying I'm not on call at work for the new class! Can't wait to find out when it will be!

Jennifer