Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-14, 10:29pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is............. Deb
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-20, 6:39pm
where is that UPS man?

Just ordered, can't wait

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-20, 7:03pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Thank you Deb,

It's on the way.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-20, 7:26pm
where is that UPS man?

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-20, 7:34pm
where is that UPS man?

GREAT TUT!!!! Excellent step by step instruction.....
Great TUT for beginner

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-20, 7:36pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Thank you Deb.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-20, 9:19pm
Um......

Oh my goodness, once you know how it's so easy! LOL!
Fantastic tut, I LURV your beads!
Carli

Old 2008-11-20, 10:23pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Thank you Carli. Show us your beads.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-21, 4:08pm
Just a Member

I love this tutorial! Here is one of my first attempts- I'm very happy with it!
Old 2008-11-21, 4:49pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Oh, that's gorgeous! You got some nice colors.

Thank you so much for showing it and I'm so glad you're happy with the tutorial and the bead you made using it.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-27, 7:59am
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifalina View Post
I love this tutorial! Here is one of my first attempts- I'm very happy with it!
Oh my goodness....just purchased it, can't wait. That is one beautiful first attempt.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-11-27, 9:14am
pamtees

Deb gifted me with her tutorial and I am so wishing I had some gas so I could play with it! The beads are beautiful, thanks again Deb!
Old 2008-11-30, 6:31am

My first attempts were great. I played more yesterday but those are still soaking. There are so many options with this one to explore that I'll be at it for days. Thanks again for sharing.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-11-30, 8:20am
Life is change. Love it

Posted these in the S&T, they were inspired by this tut
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-30, 8:19pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Those beads are beautiful Carolyn!

I would love to see more beads from others who have tried the technique. So far, the few I have seen have been all different and I love them all. seeing how others use the technique was one of the things I was most excited about, so show me those beads people!!!

I made a little heart pendant using the technique, but this time I allowed the twisty to devit a little bit and I think I like the way it looks. I also played with a color variation if the twisty and I'll show pictures of those beads tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the heart. The heart itself isn't that great, but I like how the twisty looks.
Attached Images

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-30, 8:22pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Jan, your beads look great! The picture is small and they are hard to see in detail. Do you have bigger pictures? I'd love to see them up close.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-01, 11:46am

Deb, I'm having trouble complying with the size limit all of a sudden in LE. I've tried everything but when I lower the resolution they get grainy. Not sure why I'm having trouble unless they have lower the size rule. I'll send you some copies in email.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-01, 11:56am

oh man, I don't get enough allowance!!!! I need this one next!!!!!!! Love these!!!!!!!!

Old 2008-12-01, 5:41pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Here's the newest set I made using a new variation of the twisty I show in my tutorial.
Attached Images

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-01, 5:43pm
Oh No You Didn't!

By the way, I know there are some of you who have never made twisties, or just can't seem to get the hang of it, or just plain don't like making twisties.

I will be making the twisties that I show in the tutorial and selling them in my Etsy store for those of you who would prefer not to make them yourself.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-01, 5:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
Here's the newest set I made using a new variation of the twisty I show in my tutorial.
These are beautiful, yes please, I need twisties.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-01, 6:39pm
moth to the flame

Love the green set Carolyn (my fav color!) and yours too Deb! So pretty!
Ok, I can't wait any longer - I have to get mine too!!!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-12-01, 6:47pm
moth to the flame

Nevermind! I got it!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.

Last edited by BeadMaven; 2008-12-01 at 6:59pm.
Old 2008-12-01, 8:11pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
Oh MY they are beautiful!!

I hate to rush things but I've been in Chriatmas Production mode for so long now I can't wait to have time to play with all the tuts I have!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-12-01, 8:25pm
Noobie

I really love this tutorial..one of my favorites ive gotton so far
Old 2008-12-13, 9:36am
The Andrea Half

REALLY wonderful tut!

Here's some of my first attempts. The first set plays with color, but doesn't otherwise alter the process:

This one played with color and process--some parts I like, others I want to work on:

This one played with color and placement; it's carnelian with a faux-boro twistie. I think the silver interfered with the faux-boro reaction--I got some, but mostly too muddy colors--so I want to do more experiments.

Old 2008-12-13, 10:57am
birdergirl ~o~

Those are beautiful Fourtails!!
Are they amythyst bases with raku twisties?
(if you care to share!) Also Deb I love the new combo you just showed
in post#49.
Is there a "rule" to follow when choosing , new color combos?
My first attempts look a little muddy and dark , maybe I cooked them too long?
Also,... I like if more silver came to the surface, I seem to be losing mine,
any suggestions?
And is it "ok" to ask these questions in the forum or would a pm be better?
I don't want step on any tutorial toes!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~

Last edited by cadia; 2008-12-13 at 11:02am. Reason: also,...
Old 2008-12-13, 11:30am
The Andrea Half

Thanks, Cadia! Yep, the first set is dark dark amethyst with raku and amethyst twisties.

I'm finding that the brighter colors work well -- the silver tones them down a bit and they just keep the jewel brights. But that could just be me!

Old 2008-12-13, 4:48pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Fourtails, those are all different and all gorgeous! I love seeing all the different ways people use the same techniques to make such different beads. I'm a sucker for the more organic type beads and I love the look you got in yours.

Cadia, as far as making different twisty combos, you want to stick with colors that play well with silver. Blues, purples, greens..... experiment. You never know what you might discover.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-13, 6:49pm
birdergirl ~o~

Thanks Deb and Fourtails!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~