Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-06-27, 4:15pm

Default Good news...and Bad news

First, the good news: The Box just arrived!!

The bad news: The USPS must have "bounce tested" the box...many times -- there are a lot of broken rods.

And now a question: What should I do with the broken rods? Should I separate them out, list them as "Broken", and toss them in a Baggie? Some of them just broke once, and aren't bad, but others are in several small pieces, and I can't even tell for sure what color some of the pieces are.

My DH loves to share everything with me - he even shared his nasty flu bug! It might be a few days before I can get to the PO to ship the box, but it will be before next weekend for sure.

Val, who is getting the box next?

Back to looking at all the beautiful glassy goodness!
Birdy
Old 2009-06-27, 4:46pm

OH that sucks. They were all pretty tight in the tubes was it the ones that I added in the bubble wrap. They really had to toss it around I wonder if it a game for them especially when it is in tub.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-27, 6:50pm

Nope - the ones in bubble wrap came through fairly well. A couple of the tubes really took a beating. Crazy, huh? The rods that were the least protected are OK, and the ones that were really well protected were broken the most.

Birdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead crazy View Post
OH that sucks. They were all pretty tight in the tubes was it the ones that I added in the bubble wrap. They really had to toss it around I wonder if it a game for them especially when it is in tub.
Old 2009-06-27, 11:00pm

Well I am a newbie at this so thanks for the imput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Hey Hannah and Christy-twin ~ LONG time no speaka to you chicas!! Christy, honey, sugar-plum - there's tons to see and play with - have fun exploring around, "stranger"....and of course you KNOW you can e-mail me with any ?'s you might have. I'll do my utmost to help, though I'd love if you would just hop a plane and come play with me in my Studio.

Char, Hannah is right (as usual) - I do my best at mapping out a route which works geographically from coast to coast. This round we're moving West to East. Being as our Box is now in WA, it shouldn't be too far down the road that it'll be hopping over to you in OK!

We should be hearing from Lori pretty soon with her trades, but since I'm posting, I thought I'd let you in on a little secret about who is going to be getting our Box filled 'o goodies next.

A little birdy told me that it's going to be going to.....

Kathy aka Birdy!
Old 2009-06-28, 1:43am
Serenity Now!

Oh wow! Our first casualty - what a bummer! I'm going to send you a PM Birdy...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-06-30, 3:34pm
Serenity Now!

Just to give everyone an update: it seems we lost quite a bit of glass...since I'm not there, and only can go by what I am told, it seems that our glassy goodness was not packed up - well - as well as it should have been.

I've spoken to Birdy who is trying to (re) organize our glass, and update our list with what is no longer useable or in play.

I know accidents can and do happen, but I'd appreciate it very much if everyone would just take an extra few minutes to make sure the Box and it's contents are packaged up to the best of your abilities. I started out our Box with glass in several tubes, along with bubble wrap and foam pieces. Please use 'em and or replace/repair or whatever you need to do to make it secure, and so the glass does not jiggle!!! I'm not thrilled to have taken a hit for - from what Birdy tells me, approx 25% of our stash (don't even want to know what kind of dollar loss that is)...nor am I thrilled for all the other Players down the line...I wanted and meant for our Box to have lots of choices ~ lots of glass....

If you got this far in my little rant/lecture, thanks for listening!

Old 2009-06-30, 5:01pm

What a bummer. Was it insured? I know the money won't replace all that is damaged but at least you can get reimbursed for some of the loss.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-06-30, 5:25pm
Serenity Now!

I'm not sure about USPS, but up to the North here there's a teeny tiny clause in wee little letters saying they won't cover glass! In all our games, it's never happened before, so let's just hope it was a bad fluke!

Old 2009-06-30, 5:59pm

Hmmm. If you decide to go the claim route it will take time. http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/

We could always take what is broken and make frit. Boro Box Frit. Kinda catchy.

Old 2009-06-30, 6:06pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks Rose, but we won't be making a claim. They'd need pics and that, and I'm sure by now Birdy has cleaned it up and whatnot. I'm thinking it was just a fluke.....

Old 2009-07-01, 8:11am

Lots of broken rods, and it was time for the box to move along, so I don't have the list updated to show what is broken. Just put the broken pieces into a ziplock bag as I found them. I took a few pieces out of the bag, and have updated the list to show the two that I was able to identify for sure, and took two more that I'm not positive of - one was a purple, possibly Purple Urple, and the other was a Blush, but not enough lable was on it to know if it is Ivory Blush or Coral Blush.

And now the box will be headed out to.....Hannah Rachel

Greens

Agua Azul 3
Clover Chameleon 1
Jade 3
Millenium Moss 4
Mint 8
Nile 1
Olive Crayon 2
Parrot - Odd Lot
Sage
Sublime
Teal
True Green
Turquoise
Kryptonite 1
old moss 2
holiday sparkle 2
teal sparkle
spring luster
dragon eye 2
teal odd
dark sparkle

Pinks, Red, Oranges

Bubble Gum 2
Cherry Wood 1
Cinnabar
Cranberry 2
Dark Amethyst
Electric Flamingo 4
Lavendar 2
Lilac
Orange 2
Pink
Pomegranate 2
Pumpkin 2
Purple Transparent 2
Raspberry 1
Rasta Gold
Rose
Ruby 2
Ruby Strike 4
Rust 2
Tomato
Tie Dyed 2
Violet
Purple Thunder 1
Red Lace - TAKEN
Plum Krazy 1
Lt. Purple Haze 1
Amber Purple 1 - ADD
Tan Silver Creek 1 - ADD

Blues

Bibidibobidiblue 2
Black Pearl
Blue Exotic
Blue Moon
Blue Spruce
Cobalt 2
Cobalt II
Cobalt IV
Dark Plum 2
Indigo Luster 1
Lapis 2
Lt Blue Amber Purple
Lt. Cobalt
Purple Urple 6
Turbo Cobalt 2
Ruby Blue 1
blue passion 2
black pearl 2
amazon night 2

Silvers, Neutrals, etc

Butterscotch
Cognac
Exotic Citrus Grapefruit 2
Extra Lt. Yellow 3
Jet 1
Oregon Grey 4
Peach
Root Beer
Star White
Tequila Sunrise 3
Yellow Crayon
Raven 1
Sex on the Beach 1
Warm Yellow 2
Laurie's bronze 1 - 1 TAKEN
teq sunrise 2
ivory blush 2
coral blush 2
eg white sand
ice yellow 2

Specialty

Autumn Leaves
Forget-me-not 1
Infinity III 2
Matador 2
Momka's Experimentals 3
Yellow Submarine 1

Frit: A variety of colours and sizes…

Cobalt
Double Amber Purple
Garnet
Midnight
Mint
Peacock
Purple Luster
Ruby Powder
Green Trans. Powder
Green Exotic Powder
Gumdrop 1
Triple passion
Blue moon
obtainium
NS Neptune Sparkle - ADD

5 white gun mount
4 pink gun mount

TG Dichro

Pacific Northwest Series Ranier Red 2
Sea Life Series Tidal 2
Sea Life Series Golden Sunset 1

Flat clear
Old 2009-07-01, 9:30am
Still makin' flowers...

Birdy - Are the rods that are listed without numbers the ones which are broken?

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2009-07-01, 10:42am
Serenity Now!

Thanks for posting your trades Birdy...Hannah - the rods with no number beside them means there's only one rod of that colour. We've still got the broken rods within out list, and we're all counting on you to straighten us all out!

Old 2009-07-01, 11:21am
Mandrel Slayer

We can just pretend we got some of Brent's shorts.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:41am
Serenity Now!

Uhhhm - I don't think so, Bonny...

I've got some GREAT NEWS!!!!! Phyllis, aka Sunray, who is from Trev's Glass has very kindly and generously offered to re-stock our Box a bit with some glass!

She's going to be shipping it straight over to Hannah's place, so Hannah will have yet another fun job of adding those goodies to our Box!

Thanks a big, huge bunch from all of us addicts, Phyllis ~ you're one fantastic lady!

Old 2009-07-01, 11:45am

Thank you Phyllis! That is very generous of you. You Rock!

Old 2009-07-01, 1:27pm

Here's what I sent today
M304 Yellow
M111 Autum Leaves
M112 Moonlite Sanata(2)
M71 Silver Beach(2)
Ns 49 Dark Blue Amber Purple
NS 111 Alaska Thunder (2)
NS 85 Poppy (2)
NS80 Hyacinth (2)
NS 43 Rust
NS 97 Evergreen (2)
NS 86 Garnet
GA red Crayon (2)
GA Persimmon Strike (2)
PC Super Unobtainium (2)
Glasshawk Apricot (2)

added some more TG Dichro
Ranier Red (2)
Tidal
Red Sunset.

You are most welcome, you can tell I am not in the mood to work today so I'll just give away some of Trev's stuff.. LOL
Wanted to have those of you who were looking forward to this to get a good selection that those of us who have already sent it on did..
Jason from California has been helping me with our new website so I've been busy with that and not much blowing glass
ENJOY!!
Phyllis at Trev's
Old 2009-07-01, 2:22pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Very sweet and generous of you. The box moves ever closer to Texas.....
Old 2009-07-01, 3:50pm
Serenity Now!

You the *bomb* Phyllis... Texas? Texas? Every round it always seems that we've got the most addicts down in TX! Won't be too, too long now.....

Anybody have a game to play in the meantime while we're all checking into this thread and watching and waiting?????

Old 2009-07-02, 1:56am

Quote:
Just to give everyone an update: it seems we lost quite a bit of glass...since I'm not there, and only can go by what I am told, it seems that our glassy goodness was not packed up - well - as well as it should have been.

I've spoken to Birdy who is trying to (re) organize our glass, and update our list with what is no longer useable or in play.

I know accidents can and do happen, but I'd appreciate it very much if everyone would just take an extra few minutes to make sure the Box and it's contents are packaged up to the best of your abilities. I started out our Box with glass in several tubes, along with bubble wrap and foam pieces. Please use 'em and or replace/repair or whatever you need to do to make it secure, and so the glass does not jiggle!!! I'm not thrilled to have taken a hit for - from what Birdy tells me, approx 25% of our stash (don't even want to know what kind of dollar loss that is)...nor am I thrilled for all the other Players down the line...I wanted and meant for our Box to have lots of choices ~ lots of glass....

If you got this far in my little rant/lecture, thanks for listening!
I packed it tight it had the bubble wrap on top and the foam in the sides After I added a roll of glass the box was tight as could be there was not extra room in the box. I have no idea how the glass in the tubes got broke when they were rubber banded and inside the tubes. Sorry

Old 2009-07-02, 10:51am
Mandrel Slayer

Thanks Phyllis. That was incredibly nice of you....really nice.

Texas addict - Bonny

Nothing right now

Old 2009-07-02, 12:37pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Quote:
You the *bomb* Phyllis... Texas? Texas? Every round it always seems that we've got the most addicts down in TX! Won't be too, too long now.....
I'm starting to wonder if that's the REAL reason it's so hot in Texas all the time!

Texas Addict - Barb (and not that far a drive from Bonny)
Old 2009-07-02, 1:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance_1 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if that's the REAL reason it's so hot in Texas all the time!

Texas Addict - Barb (and not that far a drive from Bonny)
Pretty funny. I am just around the corner.

Texas Addict - Rose

Old 2009-07-02, 2:31pm
Serenity Now!

Yup - you Texas gals sure do like to keep it hot! How lucky for you that you're all so close, I'm so jealous!!

Old 2009-07-02, 2:46pm

Come and visit anytime Val.

I am going to play with my Art Clay tonight. If I make something decent I will post it.

and now a story....

GLASS PANTS

A man saw a sign in a clothing store which said "We sell everything!" The guy walked up to the clerk and asked her for some glass pants.

The woman replied, "Sorry sir we don't sell those."

The man argued that the sign stated that the store sold everything.

The woman remarked that glass pants did not even exist.

The man went to his home, and came back to the store wearing a pair of glass pants. The man said triumphantly, "See, I told you that they existed!"

The woman said, "At first I thought you were crazy... but now I see you're nuts!"

Old 2009-07-02, 3:35pm
Mandrel Slayer

excellent Rose!!!!

Nothing right now

Old 2009-07-02, 4:10pm
Still makin' flowers...

You know, no offense to Rose, but that just put some really bad bad visuals in my head. There are many more men in the world who I would prefer to NOT see in glass pants. Jes sayin'....

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2009-07-03 at 12:43pm.
Old 2009-07-02, 8:56pm

No offense taken. I think any man would be crazy to wear glass pants. Bad things could happen if they broke.

Old 2009-07-03, 7:38am

Phyllis that is just wonderful of you to add to the box!!!

Everybody else -- if you think my twin, Val is EVER going to come over and play, let me just say this . FAT CHANCE! Ain't gonna happen! I have been trying for years!!!!!!!
Old 2009-07-03, 8:51am
Serenity Now!

Aw, no fair twin!! You know all good things come to those who wait! I'm just not a travellin' kinda girl, but you know if I were to take a trip, your home and Studio would be one of my first stops! Of course there's also Hannah to play with, and now Rose and the Texan boro babes. What a road-trip that would be.....