Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-06-22, 5:02am

Default turquoise-y glass

does anyone know whether Messy's Moana Ltd reduces and boils like Moretti's Dark Turquoise? Every time I have a turquoise inspiration, it turns to crap, I cant keep from boiling it or reducing it, its a very old batch...maybe it's changed since I bought last.

thanks
stacy
Old 2012-06-22, 5:45am
Lampworkaholic!

No it doesn't. It is an Opal color, not a pastel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-06-22, 6:52am

I find if you batch anneal alabaster-ish teal colours long and hot enough, they go pastel-y. Half of a tree focal I made did that, and all of the ones I've batch annealed. None of the from-the-flame-to-the-kiln ones did it completely though.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-06-22, 9:16am

I agree, it sounds like an alabaster that you're using. Especially the "boil" part.

Does it look like a solid color? Or does it look like it might be a little semi-transparent along the outside of the rod?

Barbara

Barbara

Last edited by 28676bhe; 2012-06-22 at 9:18am.
Old 2012-06-22, 9:37am

Not sure what you mean, but I don't mind it! The latest one it happened to was Atlantis, I think. I was just suggesting that the non- pastel teals/turquoise can actually be used as pastel in some circumstances.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-06-22, 9:40am
I like to melt things

Here's what I know about CiM Moana. I really like this colour.

http://melanie-graham.blogspot.ca/search/label/Moana

-
-
Old 2012-06-26, 8:25am

Lauscha has a really nice robins egg blue turquoise! It doesn't boil or pit and reduced it turns red!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !