No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-11, 1:46pm
Ave

Default Bucket O' Mud

I got an e-mail today from Kevin and I am cautiously optimistic..
Timberwolf is back up and he is taking orders via Pay Pal..
http://www.timberwolfstudios.net/
Ave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-11, 2:02pm
Disconnected

Did we ever get an explanation about the ebay fiasco? If there was a valid one, I might give him another chance; if not, the hell with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-11, 2:20pm
Triumphantly Knit!

he says he never authorized ebay to activate the sales page and he didn't know there was email until he went to close the account. I got an email from him, too, as I had emailed him thru ebay.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He put out an email and the sales go thru paypal.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-07-11, 2:35pm
Disconnected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tumblingdragonz View Post
he says he never authorized ebay to activate the sales page and he didn't know there was email until he went to close the account.
This doesn't make sense to me, but then I don't use ebay very often, so maybe that's why.

Old 2011-07-11, 6:20pm

I'm hoping it will work as I orderd a bottle today. I didn't know about the ebay problem. He has a place on his page that says if you order today, July 11, it will be shipped Friday, July 15.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:18pm
They see me rollin'...

Honestly, I will never order from him again. I only got my money back (2 yrs ago) because Mike Frantz gave me a credit to replace what I had paid Timberwolf. He seemed like he was back in business then too. I'm not willing to take the risk. Your mileage may vary...

-Patti

-Patti
Old 2011-07-13, 3:11pm

Beware...... If you want to spend your money wisely, don't spend it with him!
Old 2011-07-14, 4:14am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I risked it and ordered, I paid through pay pal, so if things dont go well its easy to get my money back

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-07-14, 4:36am
A True Woofer

I got a shipping notice in my email this morning.

Old 2011-07-14, 9:29am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Me too, got one yesterday.

Old 2011-07-14, 9:34am

I received a shipping notice and a nice note yesterday.

Ginko Beads
Old 2011-07-14, 9:48am
Sarah Jane's grandma

I really hope he follows through, and becomes a dependable vendor. I loved Bucket O'Mud, but had to switch to Fusion. I'm willing to give it another try, but not until I hear that other people are actually getting what they ordered. So please keep posting and sharing your BOM experiences with us.

Old 2011-07-14, 10:08am

What Roberta said.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-07-14, 12:42pm
A True Woofer

My BoM is here. Yay!

Old 2011-07-14, 2:54pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Awesome Ellen! I'm watching for mine (*SQUEE* I'm excited)!

Old 2011-07-14, 6:35pm

YAY! I just bought 3 different kinds, but I'd love to get my hands on BOM!

Old 2011-07-14, 6:46pm
Mad about Glass

I hope this works out and if it does then international shipping may start. No other bead release works as well BoM for me. I have just started to use my last small container of it!!

[url]

Old 2011-07-16, 7:36am
what's a senior moment ?

My bottle of BOM is arriving at my house today. Another on the way and should be here next week.

Old 2011-07-16, 9:13am
Oh, baby, I m'know...

I got mine yesterday.

Old 2011-07-16, 9:28am

I received mine yesterday, as well.
The entire transaction went smoothly, makes me hopeful.

Julie
Old 2011-07-16, 9:40am
Scientific Glass Girl

wow. this is really great news.

Old 2011-07-16, 12:49pm
Disconnected

I got mine today as expected. All good!

Old 2011-07-16, 1:28pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Mine got here without delay and I was using it this morning. Ahhhhhhhh, it feels so good. Me happy.

Old 2011-07-16, 2:33pm

Yay, got mine too
Old 2011-07-16, 2:37pm
what's a senior moment ?

Got mine today as expected. This is a good thing. After receiving 2 phone calls from Kevin I had a good feeling anyway.

Old 2011-07-17, 6:24am
Formerly NurseKatie :)

I need some bead release, what makes this so great? Less breakage in heat?

Old 2011-07-17, 11:19am

It doesn't break much in the flame, and it is easy to get the bead off the mandrel. If my dipped mandrels have been sitting around because I haven't been at the torch for a while (a couple of months), the release still doesn't flake off much.

Old 2011-07-17, 1:55pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholebeth View Post
It doesn't break much in the flame, and it is easy to get the bead off the mandrel.
If my dipped mandrels have been sitting around because I haven't been at the torch for a while (a couple of months), the release still doesn't flake off much.
This, more than anything else, is the attraction for me. Flaking makes me bats, I hate picking bead release off my beads.

I do actually mix my BOM with Kragg Mudd, I don't use it straight. The KM makes the BOM even easier to get off the mandrel and the BOM fixes the KM problem (in my climate) of not being able to hang around on the mandrel without degrading.

Together they are my heaven release.

Old 2011-07-17, 9:17pm

Kevin called me this afternoon to let me know that my BOM is shipping tomorrow and I should have it by Wednesday! I'm pretty stoked!

Old 2011-07-18, 6:25am

You would think I received a package of gold. My BoM arrived Saturday. Thanks, Kevin!

Ginko Beads