TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Old 2008-01-11, 5:16pm

Smile HELP!! I cant put the torch on the canister

Im VERY new - I bought the BENZOMATIC TS4000 and MAPP gas kit from Home depot but there are no instructions on how to put the torch onto the tank! Am I supposed to unscrew the white cap and then screw in the torch? There is also a small nozzle hole on the top of the Mapp Gas canister next to the white cap...so I dont want to do anything wrong since this is a dangerous gas.

Any help would be great! I already tried to unscrew the cap, to no avail

THANKS
Old 2008-01-11, 5:57pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Remove the white shipping cap from MAPP gas container (yes it uncrews or pries or cuts off) ... You will see that the torch head will will push on and screw onto the threads on tank and "connect".. Tighten enough to for a seal with torch base and tank top....

Small opening of to side of main "connector" is a safety pressure release vent, do not molest this valve....

I also fear you will be disappointed in then BENZOMATIC TS4000 torch... This is designed for plumbing and is going to be very anemic when it comes to heat to melt glass. expect to make only small beads with this torch head....

The only fuel/air torch that to makes sufficient heat is the "Hot Head" brand....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2008-01-11, 5:59pm

well that stinks.....i didnt know that..but it will get my palatte wet and then i will get the hot head torch
Old 2008-02-05, 1:49pm

You will be able to make a bead with that torch.
The problem is, it will be grey.
Those torches dont burn as efficiently and they incorporate soot into your bead.
Old 2008-02-05, 1:51pm

I worked on a plumbing-type torch for a few months. it's slow going, and you have to make sure to stay out away from the torch, but if you are careful not everything will be discolored. good luck!

"So whatever you do, don't be bored. This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive, and things are just starting."

Currently NOT Working on a Minor with Tanked oxy. (I'm so homesick!)
Old 2008-02-16, 12:06pm
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Remove the white shipping cap from MAPP gas container (yes it uncrews or pries or cuts off) ... You will see that the torch head will will push on and screw onto the threads on tank and "connect".. Tighten enough to for a seal with torch base and tank top....

Small opening of to side of main "connector" is a safety pressure release vent, do not molest this valve....

I also fear you will be disappointed in then BENZOMATIC TS4000 torch... This is designed for plumbing and is going to be very anemic when it comes to heat to melt glass. expect to make only small beads with this torch head....

The only fuel/air torch that to makes sufficient heat is the "Hot Head" brand....

Dale

I love you Dale!!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: