LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-10-26, 4:14am

This such a great journey. Things are coming together. Storage cabinets set up in the studio, we still have the new stone sink and faucet to hook up on the flat lap work center, and tie everything off. Got the exhaust fan to the studio last night, just need Dan the Man to come in and hook up the exhaust and propane, and the certification. Woot, almost there.

Cheryl's friend Robert and his 4 legged buddy Barkley, were in to visit last night. He is helping with the business card layout, and we are in the final stage of design. Barkley is a great help, I spent most of the evening playing with him, instead of setting up the displays, oh well, there is always tomorrow. Barkley is a beautiful American Bulldog, who Robert rescued from the humane society, he is coming along great, but takes awhile to warm up to people. He doesn't like to have Robert out of his sight for very long.

The keeper of the KEY, is now working on a challenge, it is called OMG, let me find that key. At least we know the consignment art is safe, no one can get into the giant chest, because we can't open it, hey Cheryl, LOL

The locals are getting restless, we need to set a date for the opening before they break down the doors. It is nice to have such great support in the community, everyone wants to start shopping. Come on consignment peeps, get your Glass Candy to us, I know it will move, and move fast.

Val

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by skippystretch; 2011-10-26 at 4:32am.
Old 2011-11-04, 5:35pm
shirts

Opening soon?? Looking forward to hearing of the date and time - goodness knows that I will be there with bells on!! Congratulations on all of your hard work, you 2!
Old 2011-11-04, 7:02pm
Scientific Glass Girl

ahhh cheryl!! i'm just seeing this now. OMG YOUR BUILDING IS AMAZING!!! i am so excited!!!

Old 2011-11-05, 10:56pm
Chief Creative Goddess

WOW!!! I just saw this thread also and I am amazed......nope, scratch that; you're glass gals so you are made of strength, creativity and joy......I am delighted for you and how all your hard work is being appreciated by the surrounding businesses and potential customers--and all the LE family! And I am so glad we get to see this amazing and wonderful transformation from DREAM to REALITY!!! Woot Woot! (Now go find that key!!!)
Smiles, Sheri

Old 2011-11-06, 4:38am

November 12, 2011 is the date. We will be open and the Christmas Season is on. Dan the Fan Man is in on Monday to set up the ventilation system and the Propane.

The displays are getting the finishing touch, Christmas deco is being put in place, then the spik and span shine will be put on everything the end of this week, to ensure everything is sparkling.

Can't wait, this it is a dream come true for both Cheryl and I.

Val

Last edited by skippystretch; 2011-11-06 at 4:40am.
Old 2011-11-06, 8:59am

Those are cool...any idea how old they are?
Old 2011-11-06, 9:07am
Peerless Thread Killer

I just read this post-Congratulations! What a gorgeous building and space. I wish you both great luck!!

Old 2011-11-07, 7:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamedrose View Post
Those are cool...any idea how old they are?
I found this http://coinsandmoreonline.com/index....1a27ad17137000 It suggests 1920s. They are pretty cool
Old 2011-11-07, 7:37pm

We are in the final stage of complete organization and everything is as calm as still water with fog gently rolling across the glass-like water with the beautiful sound of loons calling in echoed unison across a lake...

Oh. Wait. That was the dream I had in the three hours of sleep I had last night lol!

We are, in fact, in some degree of organized chaos but it is improving by the day! Four days to unveiling...
Old 2011-11-08, 4:12am

Hahahaha

Old 2011-11-08, 7:31am

Can't wait to see the pictures when it is all set up! Have a blast on opening day. What a lovely spot. If I ever get to Ontario, I'm definitely stopping by to visit and shop!
Old 2011-11-08, 1:56pm

So happy and excited for you!!

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-11-12, 12:20am

Doors open at 10 a.m. tomorrow! Here's a sneak peak. Better quality images will be had in the morning. These were on my iphone in low light...
Attached Images

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2011-11-12 at 12:24am.
Old 2011-11-12, 9:32am
Chief Creative Goddess

GORGEOUS!!!

Old 2011-11-12, 9:41am
Chief Creative Goddess

I am SO STINKIN' excited for both of you and all the artists who get to join in this journey (including me--woohoo!). Just wish I was a bit closer.....I would love to work there!!
Many thanks for sharing the challenges and joy.........now let the party begin!!
Smiles, Sheri

Old 2011-11-12, 11:13am
Practicing perfect

Just found this thread. Wow!!!! What a gorgeous venture. Congrats and good luck!

Old 2011-11-14, 12:24pm

Soooooo....How did it go? I'm sure you were a huge success!!

I'm hoping to come and see the new digs this weekend.

Old 2011-11-14, 1:05pm
Glass Addict

Yes, yes!! How'd it go??? I was at the BABE show this weekend and kept thinkin' about you guys and wondering how the opening weekend was going!!??

Old 2011-11-14, 2:13pm

I wish i lived closer,looks like a wonderful place.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-11-19, 4:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by de Beadster View Post
Soooooo....How did it go? I'm sure you were a huge success!!

I'm hoping to come and see the new digs this weekend.
Val tells me you stood by this afternoon! Sorry I missed you. It was my first day off in six weeks! I think I shouldn't have stopped as the fatigue hit hard lol.

I hope you enjoyed your visit and hope you will stop by again sometime so I can meet you! I hear you are now a proud owner of one of my ladies

So? What did you think?
Old 2011-11-20, 5:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenMuse View Post
Val tells me you stood by this afternoon! Sorry I missed you. It was my first day off in six weeks! I think I shouldn't have stopped as the fatigue hit hard lol.

I hope you enjoyed your visit and hope you will stop by again sometime so I can meet you! I hear you are now a proud owner of one of my ladies

So? What did you think?

Beautiful!!! The two of you have really done a great job. The atmosphere is so welcoming, I can't wait to take a class or two.

It was nice to meet Val and I definately will be back to meet you too.

Your lady is in a very loving home and has company on my inspiration shelf in my studio...she is so beautiful!

Carla

Old 2011-11-20, 7:26pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

WOW Cheryl that looks like an amazing new place!!! I am so envious! It would be wonderful to have my own little niche to have classes and the like- I guess this Floridian needs to take a trip to Ontario to see yours !!! Congrats to you both!!!

Old 2011-11-24, 2:24pm
shirts

Looking forward to tomorrow!! The Official Grand Opening - see you there, Cheryl, and looking forward to meeting you, Val!
Old 2011-11-25, 4:56am

Best of luck today! I'm so excited for the two of you!
Enjoy your day, may it be filled with abundance!

Old 2011-11-26, 5:10am

It was such an amazing day! Not only was the community feedback outstanding but we were visited by so many supportive friends, family members and former colleagues that it was a little crazy by times!

Back for more this morning
Old 2011-11-26, 9:26am

Congratulations~~ it looks beautiful! Wishing you lots of success and fun!

Old 2011-11-26, 9:40am
Mr Brutus RIP

Wow, Congrats, everything looks so amazing!! Wishing you so much success!!
Sue

Old 2011-11-27, 9:22am

Cheryl & Val

Your shop looks amazing! It twinkles, beckons and glows! Thanks for sharing your progress from remodeling to opening.

I wish you much success.

Bette
Old 2011-12-11, 9:19pm

I am hopeful phase two of the "shoppe" will be ramping up shortly - the STUDIO! We have had some challenges organizing local contractors who understand the language we speak and who don't automatically convert any and all such discussion into mucho doneros.

Very soon now, we shall have a home for our six GTT's!
Old 2011-12-17, 2:41pm
And silence is golden

Cheryl, it is stunning!