LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-02-27, 4:45pm
The Andrea Half

I think that means that so many people have logged in to her system that her system has exceeded her normal traffic limits. That may mean that whoever hosts her files will charge more, or will merely shut off access until the next cycle, whenever that is. If there is a whopping charge, I will be happy to pay something toward it, as I downloaded a tutorial.

Or it may mean that the file is too large for YOUR system to handle, but they usually are more straightforward about telling you that.

Here's a sterling silver version I did for another friend in my early music group:

Quote:
May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy
But if there's a curse on your propane, you're hosed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FourTailsLampwork; 2010-02-27 at 4:48pm.
Old 2010-02-27, 9:04pm
Never give up

I am also getting "Bandwidth limit exceeded" error. If anyone can send it to me I would be very grateful. Thanks
Old 2010-02-27, 9:11pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Waaaahh, me too...

It looks really cool... I would have bought this one!

Last edited by zen-mom; 2010-02-27 at 9:11pm. Reason: typo
Old 2010-02-28, 7:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
I keep getting a "Bandwith exceeded" error. I don't even know what that means.
Me too!
Old 2010-02-28, 9:36am

Default tutorial

I'm having the same problem too!!!!!!!!!!!! Help
Old 2010-03-01, 2:02pm

It works now!
Old 2010-03-01, 4:15pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Yay!!!

Old 2010-03-01, 5:29pm
Resident Luny

I figured it might, first of the month and all, until the bandwith goes too far again. Get it while it's hot!

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2010-03-01, 5:30pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh yeah, reset!

I can't wait to try it, it's a very cool idea.

Old 2010-03-02, 6:28am

Thanks, Cheryl. It's terrific!
Old 2010-03-14, 10:32pm
Bead Chick

Thanks so much for this tutorial - the pins are a bit addictive! I changed up the clasp a little bit to be cleaner looking, but your instructions were extremely helpful in creating all of the pins.

All the best,
Karin

Old 2010-03-14, 10:53pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycay View Post
Thanks so much for this tutorial - the pins are a bit addictive! I changed up the clasp a little bit to be cleaner looking, but your instructions were extremely helpful in creating all of the pins.

All the best,
Karin
Nicely done!

Old 2010-03-15, 10:03am
Creatrixie

Thank you very much for the tutorial, Cheryl!

Love the way you've interpreted it, Karin!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-03-15, 11:05am
Hakuna Matata

Thank You what a nice thing to do.

I wanted to add a little something extra for my Aunts 80th looks like she is getting a pin.

Old 2010-03-18, 8:41am
Valparaíso - Chile

Great work, thanks for sharing!!!!!

Ana María

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenMuse View Post
Hi,

I've had this in the works for some time and had intended to distribute it in 2008 (ack!). But life got in the way for a while.

In any case, here's a FREE tutorial on my (non-traditional) fibula pins. Feel free to download it and use it to your heart's content.

I'd love to see the products arising from it, if you complete it.

As this is my first tutorial, feedback and suggestions on things which I may have assumed and are, therefore, unclear would be welcome.

Enjoy!

--

To download PDF file - click here:
This file is less than 2 megs
http://www.igneouschic.ca/tutorials/...in-pdf.pdf.zip
(another reason to own a MAC) heh

NOT ZIPPED: http://www.igneouschic.ca/tutorials/scarfpin-pdf.pdf

To download MSWORD (zip file) - click here:
This file is more than 9 megs
http://www.igneouschic.ca/tutorials/...in-doc.doc.zip

NOT ZIPPED: http://www.igneouschic.ca/tutorials/scarfpin-doc.doc

NOTE: I work on a MAC. I have double-checked the file for formatting and viruses. I do not guarantee the file is compatible with all computers or browsers. YOU MUST HAVE Adobe Reader 4.0 or HIGHER for the PDF file to open. I cannot create something on my system which is compatible with lower versions. Adobe Reader is now at version 9. If you are getting corrupt file messages, please check the version of your Adobe Reader. Here is a link to upgrade if you need to: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

@cristallo_perle
Old 2010-03-20, 9:46am
Dare to be different.

Cheryl, Just found this and so excited! I've been wanting to make some fibulas, but have been too chicken to play. Thanks so very much!

Old 2010-03-23, 7:18pm

I'm so sorry! I'll find out what's up with that. I've been away on vacation and thought I'd pop in to see what people have made and saw all the download errors.

Going to yell at my webguy now!
Old 2010-03-23, 7:25pm

Okay, webguy emailed. Hopefully this won't happen again but, if it does, at least I'm no longer on the other side of the world and can keep an eye on things.

I'm thrilled to see the pins that have been born from this! Wonderful, wonderful work! YAY! Makes it all worthwhile

And thank you all for your warm compliments on the tutorial. So glad it was helpful and seems to be being enjoyed by so many!

More pics!!!
Old 2010-05-02, 7:11pm

Due to a name change on the server, this tutorial may be temporarily unavailable. Once the new site is up and running, I will repost the URL if anyone remains interested.

Would love to see more pics of works completed with this tutorial!
Old 2010-05-03, 5:58pm

Thanks, I just got a copy!

Old 2010-05-05, 9:13am
Tending The Fire!

Thanks Cheryl! Great tut I have a lady asking me to make some matching pins so this will come in very handy!

Cheers

My Facebook Page!

Old 2010-06-03, 4:14am

I've received several emails over the past weeks asking for this tutorial. I have now moved the tutorial and it should be available for download again (see amended original post).

I did have to change the number of ways the file was available and for that, I apologize. There was simply too much bandwidth usage resulting.

Cheers!
Old 2011-11-05, 9:15am
Loving learning

Thank you, I have a DIL who is a knitter, and I'm thinking one of these might be perfect for her.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:01am

Just found this post and the timing is perfect. I'm going to make some for my husbands office employees for Christmas gifts. I searched for a tutorial on this yesterday but didn't come up with any matches. So glad I was just browsing thru stuff today.
Take care,
Darlene

Old 2011-12-12, 3:57pm

Here is what I made for a gift. Thanks for the post on how to make these. I can't wait to make some more. It was fun.
Darlene

Old 2011-12-19, 6:57pm

Awesome tut!!! I'll be trying this soon. Thank you so much for sharing
Happy Holidays!
Old 2012-10-04, 7:34am
Isinglass Design

Well, hmmm.. late to the game as usual. Is this still available? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it says it's not available.

Laurie
Old 2012-10-05, 8:05am
judejudejude

i just saw this too. i would love to try.
thanks and have a great one.
Old 2012-10-06, 6:29am

Woops! I knew I was supposed to do something before cancelling my former website! Give me a little time and I'll dig it up and send it out (and repost it here too!)

Thanks for your enquiry

P.S. Tons going on around here so if you don't hear back in the next week or so, remind me please!
Old 2012-10-16, 10:18am

I found the tutorial! I've changed the post above with a direct link to the files!

Last edited by Torch&Marver; 2012-10-16 at 2:51pm.